Subject is Trains.

pineda

Question:

Does anyone know if there are any pedestrian-only at-grade train crossings located in the Houston area? If so, where are they located, specifically? These would be for people walking across the tracks, no cars. This would apply to freight trains like UPRR.

Question:

Does anyone know how to find out what types of loads are being carried by UPRR on a daily basis on a specific stretch of track?

Question:

Does anyone know how to find a list of all the accidents or NAR's (non-accident releases) UPRR has had?

Question:

Does anyone know how to find out the specific speed of a freight train on a specific stretch of tracks?

Question:

Does anyone know of any pedestrian-only grade-separated train crossings in the Houston area? If so, where specifically?

And, thanks so much for playing pineda's five questions about railroad freight trains game!

Question:

Does anyone know if there are any pedestrian-only at-grade train crossings located in the Houston area? If so, where are they located, specifically? These would be for people walking across the tracks, no cars. This would apply to freight trains like UPRR.

Question:

Does anyone know of any pedestrian-only grade-separated train crossings in the Houston area? If so, where specifically?

And, thanks so much for playing pineda's five questions about railroad freight trains game!

I'm not sure what the difference between the quoted two questions are, but my answer is YES. There is a pedestrian-only (including bicycles) crossing along the north side of Holly Hall, just east of Almeda Road. It is built complete with its own miniature set of arms and flashing lights that function just as do the ones for vehicular traffic.

As for your other questions, you might try the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, Texas Railroad Commission, or the Houston-Galveston Area Council, but good luck. You'll need it. Otherwise, try calling UP managers.

Edited by TheNiche

Thanks, Niche!

The difference between the two is one is grade-separated which means underpass or overpass, so no interference with train operations. The other is at-grade, which means pedestrians, cars and trucks could potentially cross paths with a train.

I'll check out that location you listed. It's not for the Metro train, is it? I need one for freight trains, like UPRR.