TexCom Breaks Ground On 35 MGPY Biodiesel Plant In Seabrook, TX

Orikal

Pretty cool stuff. Couldn't find anything on this, but please delete if a duplicate.

TexCom Breaks Ground on 35 MGPY Biodiesel Plant in Seabrook, TX

Houston, TX -- TexCom, Inc. (OTC Pinksheets: TEXC) held a groundbreaking ceremony on December 21 for its Houston Biodiesel, LLC plant at the LBC Houston, LP terminal site in Seabrook, TX.

"This terminal is ideally suited as our initial plant location. The site affords us the capability to bring in our raw materials such as soybean and other vegetable oils by vessel, barge or rail, " said Lou Ross, CEO of Texcom.

The rest here...

Pretty cool stuff. Couldn't find anything on this, but please delete if a duplicate.

TexCom Breaks Ground on 35 MGPY Biodiesel Plant in Seabrook, TX

Houston, TX -- TexCom, Inc. (OTC Pinksheets: TEXC) held a groundbreaking ceremony on December 21 for its Houston Biodiesel, LLC plant at the LBC Houston, LP terminal site in Seabrook, TX.

"This terminal is ideally suited as our initial plant location. The site affords us the capability to bring in our raw materials such as soybean and other vegetable oils by vessel, barge or rail, " said Lou Ross, CEO of Texcom.

The rest here...

I think that there are another couple of biofuel plants going up in the Houston area. I think that one is also in Bayport and that another is in Galveston.

Seabrook is a good location for it. From what I understand, biodiesel plants use a ton of water. Some of the small Mid-western towns that thought biodiesel plants would solve their economic problems now have water problems.

I wonder if getting enough raw material at a reasonable price will be a problem. They mention soybeans, but aren't the first meaningful soybean fields hundreds of miles away?

It would be great if they would create a demand for sugarcane and revitalize the Gulf Coast's old sugar industry. Using sugarcane is far more efficient than using corn or soybeans, and it can be grown more locally.

Seabrook is a good location for it. From what I understand, biodiesel plants use a ton of water. Some of the small Mid-western towns that thought biodiesel plants would solve their economic problems now have water problems.

I wonder if getting enough raw material at a reasonable price will be a problem. They mention soybeans, but aren't the first meaningful soybean fields hundreds of miles away?

It would be great if they would create a demand for sugarcane and revitalize the Gulf Coast's old sugar industry. Using sugarcane is far more efficient than using corn or soybeans, and it can be grown more locally.

When we're talking about bulk products like soybeans, vegetable oils, etc., barges and trains are really inexpensive forms of transportation. Distance doesn't matter so much because most of the costs are associated with getting the raw material to a port and loading/unloading. That's why the Mississippi River is still important to agricultural commerce.

• The title was changed to TexCom Breaks Ground On 35 MGPY Biodiesel Plant In Seabrook, TX

Archived