Seabrook Midrise Condominiums

TheNiche

http://www.hcnonline.com/site/news.cfm?new...32240&rfi=6

11/02/2006

A new look for Seabrook

By: DANA BURKE , Citizen Staff

The City of Seabrook took its first step toward the redevelopment of the Point Oct. 16 by approving a conditional use permit to allow Seabrook Land Co. to build a waterfront development.

The 99-unit mid-rise condominium complex will rise eight stories and will be located at the intersection of Todville Road and Tenth Street on the northeast edge of the peninsula.

Kitch Taub, president of Seabrook Land Co., told the City Council before the permit was approved that his company has made attempts to develop the property for several decades.

He said he hopes to create a development that meets Seabrook's needs as well as those of the company.

I found this just now.

Could the greater Clear Lake area be adopting some of the highrise characteristics of the city of Houston proper, what with the earliest ones coming in scattered formation and eventually yielding a cluster of buildings in multiple areas--north Clear Lake, Kemah, Seabrook, etc?

At this point it looks more like a free-for-all. Everyone wants a peice of that sweet Endeavor action.

May I polietly ask what you mean by "thin"? Thanks.

Absolutely. The Clear Lake market got its launch with a wave of investors. Endeavour has more than half of its current sales to one group. The other half have been moving slowly. The cost of construction has gone up at such a rate that hi rise living is $300+ psf just to develop. Delivery at less than that means your land cost next to nothing, or you are delivering quality that is less than what i would consider adequate. I say this b/c Clear Lake is a secondary or tertiary market when considering buying a home, primary or otherwise. Pricing for these new Clear Lake second homes will be in direct competition with beach properties. This means that those looking to invest (park cash, not flip) in a second or third home will migrate to beach properties as they have proven to hold value. Clear Lake is more of a speculative market. As the market cools, markets such as this will be affected more so than quality beach or A+ infill site projects.

Just my opinion.

Happy New Year everyone.

TNJ

Absolutely. The Clear Lake market got its launch with a wave of investors. Endeavour has more than half of its current sales to one group. The other half have been moving slowly. The cost of construction has gone up at such a rate that hi rise living is $300+ psf just to develop. Delivery at less than that means your land cost next to nothing, or you are delivering quality that is less than what i would consider adequate. I say this b/c Clear Lake is a secondary or tertiary market when considering buying a home, primary or otherwise. Pricing for these new Clear Lake second homes will be in direct competition with beach properties. This means that those looking to invest (park cash, not flip) in a second or third home will migrate to beach properties as they have proven to hold value. Clear Lake is more of a speculative market. As the market cools, markets such as this will be affected more so than quality beach or A+ infill site projects.

Just my opinion.

Happy New Year everyone.

TNJ

Endeavour has announced the second high rise in Clear Lake and two projects in Galveston.

• The title was changed to Seabrook Midrise Condominiums

Archived