Death of a Legend

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

Cartoon legend Joseph Barbera dies at 95

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Legendary Hollywood animator Joseph Barbera, whose characters Fred and Wilma Flintstone and Scooby-Doo made generations of people laugh, died on Monday at age 95, the Warner Bros. film studio said in a statement.

Barbera founded Hanna-Barbera Studios with his partner William Hanna nearly 50 years ago, and it grew to become one of Hollywood's best known animation companies producing hundreds of cartoons and winning numerous awards.

He died at his home in the Los Angeles-area community of Studio City with his wife Sheila by his side, Warner Bros. said. No further details were disclosed......

more here http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061219/en_nm/barbera_dc

Scooby Doo was my favorite cartoon as a kid followed by Woody Woodpecker and Tom and Jerry.

WHAT ? Well, I am forced to watch it everynight now, my daughter INSISTS on watching he SuperFriends shows. She absolutely loves Batman and Superman. She is 4yrs. old.

I dont get the high channels in the office. Will have to move one of the cable boxes in here. The television in the office is usually on CSpan or some sort of cable news station.

BTW, i am a fan of the Superfrends! :D:D

If you like his work i suggest watching Boomerang channel most of the cartoons are from the Hanna Barbera studios.

This is nothing personal about Joseph Barbera, but I've always hated HB cartoons. The shoddiness of them all really bothered me. Real crap.

Edited by westguy

WHAT ? Well, I am forced to watch it everynight now, my daughter INSISTS on watching he SuperFriends shows. She absolutely loves Batman and Superman. She is 4yrs. old.

MmmmmmHmmmmm.....I suppose those "Wiggles" tickets were bought on your daughters INSISTENCE also. :rolleyes:

MmmmmmHmmmmm.....I suppose those "Wiggles" tickets were bought on your daughters INSISTENCE also. :rolleyes:

Well, I got to see Greg, the yellow wiggle, before he had to depart form the group. So, that is worth it all in itself.

This is nothing personal about Joseph Barbera, but I've always hated HB cartoons. The shoddiness of them all really bothered me. Real crap.

I think it was just the HB style, all thrown together very quickly, because they had a show to get out, and they were turning out stuff a little fast for "great" animation.

Yep. After the MGM/T&J Days, their stuff started to suck. Mass production cartoons at their worst.

Oh well, he shall be missed, for some of his better cartoons. RIP.