Most Awkward Work-Related Moments

TheNiche

Y'all are sharing some great stories!

I'm sure I could write a book on mine, but one that comes to mind... not awkward for me, but was for the architect:

There was a serious hate/hate relationship between the architect and our GC team. E-mails always fly between all parties involved on our project, so hitting 'Reply All' is the norm. Well, this architect (obviously) meant to hit 'Forward' instead of 'Reply All', and sent EVERYONE an e-mail, which included but was not limited to curse words, claiming how out-of-line were were, and how sick of this *more cursing* he was, and endless erratic ranting.

Not much later, another e-mail was sent to all parties saying, "Sorry, that was intended for so-and-so only..."

What's funny is he's done this several times... once I replied and told him, "You've hit 'Reply All' again instead of 'Forward'..." To which I got another, "Sorry..."

lol, something similar happend to me too. only thing is i was the one who hit reply instead of forward :o the email didn't contain any vulgar words just information that shouldn't have been leaked out, LOL.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol, something similar happend to me too. only thing is i was the one who hit reply instead of forward :o the email didn't contain any vulgar words just information that shouldn't have been leaked out, LOL.

Just don't send a coworker an email meant for your wife. I pulled that one once. Thankfully, the most embarassing part was a mere, "I love you."

I think they were disappointed that it wasn't meant for them! :lol:

My friend had a classic. At her company her manager got her e-mails to make sure nothing was missed. There was a guy in another office who had taken a liking to her and started calling and 'bothering' her. She blew it off as nothing until the guy sent an e-mail professing his feelings, etc. Before she could alert the boss he'd already seen it and sent a 'reply all' to both of them that was quite amusing...

Oh...and she also sent her boss and IM once that was meant for her boyfriend...I believe it went 'hi smelly' in reference to him working out at lunch. The boss asked what she was talking about and before she noticed it was the wrong person she replied again...'you smell.'

Man that girl cracks me up...

Archived