Klein ISD To Hold Future Bond Program

Chris

According to Klein ISD there will be another Bond Program in the year of 2008. As of now they still dont have all the details as of what items will be apart of the bond. I'm sure it will cover more schools, buses, ect.

In the Spring of 2007 Klein ISD will have PASA conduct a district wide demagraphic study.

Chris-

Where are you getting your information from?

The PASA report was conducted two years ago already.

Is the district actually going to pay for another one?

I am getting my information from Klein ISD, and yes it was a topic at the Regular Board meeting December 12, 2006. Klein ISD is hiring PASA to do ANOTHER demagraphic study for the Bond Plan in 2008 to determine how many schools to build and when to build them. The study will be held in the Spring of 2007.

Man, I cannot believe that!

The board said two years that the PASA report would contain enough information for them to do long-range planning for the next 20 years, and YET...

Plus, the cost for this study was something outrageous, like $100K or something crazy like that.

And it was LOADED with mistakes that no one on the board seemed too worried about.

I guess I'm going to have to start attending these meetings again, sheesh!

Do you actually attend these meetings, as a high school student??

Man, I cannot believe that!

The board said two years that the PASA report would contain enough information for them to do long-range planning for the next 20 years, and YET...

Plus, the cost for this study was something outrageous, like $100K or something crazy like that.

And it was LOADED with mistakes that no one on the board seemed too worried about.

I guess I'm going to have to start attending these meetings again, sheesh!

Do you actually attend these meetings, as a high school student??

No, not currently, but when I get my car I will probably be at a great majority of them. I want to eventually become a board member for Klein ISD so I can make decisions that I think will help better Klein ISD than it is now. I think you have to be 21 in order to be a canadate

Good for you! We need more community volunteers like that.

I'm not a big fan of the PASA report. I remember sitting through their big sales schpiel at one of the board meetings. They kept telling everyone that they had just completed a successful report for Spring ISD, and how that alone should impress everyone enough to hire them.

Looking back at what happened to Spring's bond election, maybe they didn't do such a good job...

Good for you! We need more community volunteers like that.

I'm not a big fan of the PASA report. I remember sitting through their big sales schpiel at one of the board meetings. They kept telling everyone that they had just completed a successful report for Spring ISD, and how that alone should impress everyone enough to hire them.

Looking back at what happened to Spring's bond election, maybe they didn't do such a good job...

You're right on that one!!

• The title was changed to Klein ISD To Hold Future Bond Program

Archived