Bryan/College Station population stats

tierwestah

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I notice that Bryan/College Station is relatively close to Houston MSA. The way Bryan/College Station is growing, its only about 45 min from the Houston metropolitan area now. Do you all think that Bryan/College station might be included in a consolidated population with Houston. I mean Atlanta Georgia includes towns that are eral far away to boost their overall numbers. Do you all think by 2010, it might start to be included?

The way Bryan/College Station is growing, its only about 45 min from the Houston metropolitan area now.

Without "a blatant disrespect for the law," it takes me right at an hour to get from College Station to Farfield, which appears to be the outer reaches of "Houston" development. It takes a little over 1.5 hours to get to downtown if there's no traffic. Again, this is trying to stay within 5 mph of the speed limit (which probably 90% of drivers do).

So I think BCS is a little far for inclusion, IMO. How far are the cities that Atlanta includes?

Interesting question! It will be a long, long time before College Station is ever included in the Houston Metro. There's just too much geography between the two. And, honestly, I hope I don't live to see that day. Central Texas is a beautiful place, I'd hate to see the suburbs of Houston extend all the way out here.

Archived