Houston Real Estate Vs. Rest Of The Country

SpringTX

I thought my fellow folks on HAIF would like this. We've all seen various discussions on this forum about the real estate prices in various parts of the country and how they compare to Houston.

Someone just showed me the website zillow.com. You can map any address, and it shows you the estimated property value...and the values of the all surrounding properties. It's kind of like the interactive map on har.com (but har.com only shows properties for sale). And unlike har.com, zillow everywhere in the country. And if you click on the checkbox for "heat map", you can see color-coded zones around each city for how expensive the housing is. You can also see what is happening on a macro level in the Houston metro area.

If I learned one thing from this site, it's that we have a sweet, sweet, sweet deal here in Houston compared to most of the rest of the major cities in the country, especially on the east coast and west coast. The coasts definitely appear to have a "bubble" in the works like Europe has had.

• The title was changed to Houston Real Estate Vs. Rest Of The Country