Architect Recommendations

winston

Hi - New to this board and love it! We are looking for an architect to design our home. We are thinking either Federal or Georgian in style, and also love the "new old houses" - all of which would fit the established inner-loop neighborhood. Do any of you have recommendations? Thanks in advance for your thoughts. We appreciate it.

Edited by winston

Craig Stitler, Stitler Design 713-850-7788. He has a lot of experience in Federal and Georgian, as well as the "old styles". If you have been watching "Dancing With the Stars" it was filmed in the ballroom of a home he designed in Stablewood. He is a great guy and very easy to work with.

Thank you all for your thoughts. I really appreciate them. I will look into Craig. While I have not seen "Dancing..."your description is intriguing. Most architects we have contacted have said they would love the project but have not done federal or colonial style in a long time, if ever. The influx of Mediterannean and French country is keeping them busy. While we have talked with some talented professionals, it would be nice to discuss our project with one who has actually designed in our style. Thanks again for your thoughts. They are greatly appreciated. Oh..BTW, if I decide to scrap this plan and design a New York themed home about nothing, and signifying nothing, but humorous to say the least, I will be sure to contact George C.