Oh No, this is something that those of us that get work done or sleep on flights DONT NEED!

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

Change in the air as passengers allowed to use mobiles

By David Robertson, Business Correspondent

One of the last refuges from incessantly ringing mobile phones is about to disappear as Emirates plans to allow passengers to use them on aircraft from January.

The sound of people telling friends and relatives that they are

No No No No No! The last thing I want to deal with on my weekly commutes by air is 100+ people around me chattering away on their phones, especially since 90% of them will feel the need to yell into the phone loud enough half the plane can hear them.

I'm sorry, but if you're so darn important that you can't go a couple of hours without talking on the phone, then you can either charter a private jet or drive. Give those of us who fly commercially a break.

Timmy, me too! I love to drive. I feel like I am going on adventure! :)

We've driven to every corner of the US except the northeast in the last few years. We hit the Southernmost Point in Key West, we've driven to Cali, drove to Vancouver BC this summer (and drove back in one hellacious 39 hour cannonball run)...

I've seen every state in the Western US in the last three years...something you don't get while flying. Not to mention...it's a lot cheaper to drive than fly! :D

It depends for me. I absolutely love to fly, which is good since I'm on a plane every couple of days for work. However, there are times when I want to make getting to my destination part of the adventure. Then I don't mind a road trip. I've also done a couple of long distance train trips when I didn't want to drive but still wanted to enjoy the scenery along the way. But if I'm going someplace just for the weekend, and just want to get there, flying is the way to go. When I do drive, I'm not the type to drive all day and night though. I have to stop along the way each night, with no more than about 6-7 hours of the day in the car, or else I go crazy.

No No No No No! The last thing I want to deal with on my weekly commutes by air is 100+ people around me chattering away on their phones, especially since 90% of them will feel the need to yell into the phone loud enough half the plane can hear them.

I'm sorry, but if you're so darn important that you can't go a couple of hours without talking on the phone, then you can either charter a private jet or drive. Give those of us who fly commercially a break.

Agreed! I can imagine your weekly hell on planes with the chattering on phones if it happens. I used to fly like that when i first got hired and for 2 weeks straight i was on a plane daily going between LGA and DCA on the US Air Shuttle. Now thankfully im only on a plane about 50 trips per year max and about 90% of those are international. That chatting for 8+ hours would drive me up the freaking wall!!!!!