Stone Oak

segovia

If Section 8 housing is allowed within these 2 apartment complexes, do the properties get a tax exemption? If so, considering the loss in exempt tax revenue (millions)...who makes up the difference...every other homeowner and property tax payer in San Antonio?

Section 8 may put a roof over a family's head, but in the overwhelming majority of instances; a roof without incentive is the highway to becoming a ward of the government. It is a shame that, in a climate of free schools, scholarships, low unemployment and lending programs tailored for any buyer, so many folks would rather be government wards and political pawns than self-sufficient.

If Section 8 housing is allowed within these 2 apartment complexes, do the properties get a tax exemption? If so, considering the loss in exempt tax revenue (millions)...who makes up the difference...every other homeowner and property tax payer in San Antonio?

Section 8 may put a roof over a family's head, but in the overwhelming majority of instances; a roof without incentive is the highway to becoming a ward of the government. It is a shame that, in a climate of free schools, scholarships, low unemployment and lending programs tailored for any buyer, so many folks would rather be government wards and political pawns than self-sufficient.

Check out the following for info on Section 8 and LIHTC apartment housing. There are a variety of other programs out there, but these are the most common.

In a general sense, I agree with your comments. These programs are often very poorly implemented, and their clientele is not well-targeted.

• 8 months later...
I have a friend that did some work in the past for Section 8 housing. Boy, could I tell you stories. Bottom line is that I have no sympathy for the Section 8 dwellers.

I was a Section 8 dweller for about a year. Sometimes people are just poor for a while. They're not all scumbags.

I was a Section 8 dweller for about a year. Sometimes people are just poor for a while. They're not all scumbags.

Whatever, you scumbag ! Sorry another careless post got the better of me ! :blush:;):lol::P

You know I am kidding, right editor....................right.....................editor......................

...hello...............editor?............eek!

I can tell ya, I was also in the same position about 12 years ago, broke, messed up credit, drugs, you name it. I didn't get the pleasure of Section 8 housing though. I had to live in the warzone that is Cook Rd. and Beechnut, not fun my friends, only took about 8 months of that to realize what I really wanted to do with my life. Editor is right, things happen, and people get caught up.

Archived