The Rest of the Pictures

seems a bit high for the area and sq.ft. but I am not a realtor. It would be nice to see the back yard and the master bedroom/bedrooms instead of so many of the kitchen and bath. front elevation, lanscaping, and color scheme are great.

Thanks for the feedback. I may take your advice on the pictures. The bedrooms aren't much to look at, but you're right, something might be better than nothing.

You're also right about the price. It's priced 5k higher than the highest recent comp sold for. Gotta keep driving those values up ;)

thanks again,

flipper

looking at the comperables in the area, I fear you have grossly overpriced yourself.

The highest in the area surrounding you is 190k (but the list is slightly outdated). I think you are about 75k off. But I don't know much about the remodel and resale market. Good luck though. I hope you prove me wrong.

PS: I love the glass and subway tile.

I like the outside picture and, from a review of the pictures, I think that the house looks very nice. However, I would never want to have white kitchen cabinets...they are just way too easy to get dirty and too hard to keep clean.

Good point uncertaintraveler,

I have white cabinets in my house and it's a chore to clean them. However, it's also nice to know when they are dirty. We're tossing around the idea of doing a darker color in the future.

Thanks!

flipper

looking at the comperables in the area, I fear you have grossly overpriced yourself.

The highest in the area surrounding you is 190k (but the list is slightly outdated). I think you are about 75k off. But I don't know much about the remodel and resale market. Good luck though. I hope you prove me wrong.

PS: I love the glass and subway tile.

Howdy gwilson,

4402 Hummingbird sold for 248,500 in march.

4310 Goldfinch sold for 230k in may

4618 Kingfisher sold for 218k in september

We shall see!

flipper

That's good stuff flipper. Do you know ldogg on this forum? I've seen his latest. You two are doing some good stuff. If I could only get the $$$ and the time (well, i guess i can get the $$$, but the time is the hard part)... I guess that's why I'm in the rat race...

A couple of questions (because wife wants me to do some updates at home...)

1. The fireplace - did you paint that brick, or was it already painted? (because ours is gray and ugly.)

2. Where do you get your cabinet doors (or were they built, too?)

Wow. I would move into this house if it were 200 sf larger. (Family of 3, planning on a 4th, and my wife and I both work at home, so need more space - we're currently in 1500 sf! ugh!.)

I'm gonna keep an eye on this to see how much it sells for, DOM, etc...

I want to be a flipper, just have to get some time away from the job that pays the bills and delivers the babies.

That's good stuff flipper. Do you know ldogg on this forum? I've seen his latest. You two are doing some good stuff. If I could only get the $$$ and the time (well, i guess i can get the $$$, but the time is the hard part)... I guess that's why I'm in the rat race...

A couple of questions (because wife wants me to do some updates at home...)

1. The fireplace - did you paint that brick, or was it already painted? (because ours is gray and ugly.)

2. Where do you get your cabinet doors (or were they built, too?)

Wow. I would move into this house if it were 200 sf larger. (Family of 3, planning on a 4th, and my wife and I both work at home, so need more space - we're currently in 1500 sf! ugh!.)

I'm gonna keep an eye on this to see how much it sells for, DOM, etc...

I want to be a flipper, just have to get some time away from the job that pays the bills and delivers the babies.

Thanks TAK,

I've seen some of ldogg's posts but I didn't know he was flipping houses too.

The hardest part of the business is not the money or the time, it's finding the houses to flip.

Regarding the questions:

1. The brick was already painted white. However, there are lots of masonry primers available if you want to paint yours.

2. Yes the trim carpenter also built the doors on site. The doors are birch plywood with this moulding on the edges: mldpage10_2x1.gif. These are the hinges: knife_dwg.gif

We have our first showing today so I'll keep you updated.

flipper

Thanks TAK,

I've seen some of ldogg's posts but I didn't know he was flipping houses too.

The hardest part of the business is not the money or the time, it's finding the houses to flip.

Regarding the questions:

1. The brick was already painted white. However, there are lots of masonry primers available if you want to paint yours.

2. Yes the trim carpenter also built the doors on site. The doors are birch plywood with this moulding on the edges: mldpage10_2x1.gif. These are the hinges: knife_dwg.gif

We have our first showing today so I'll keep you updated.

flipper

Thanks, Flipper...

If I had the time (and some $ to carry me) I could find the houses, but I agree, finding is the hard part. But with so many neighborhoods in transition (or return), I think you can find a couple here or there.

i saw ldogg's recent before/during/after in maplewood... very nice work... i may have to 'preview' yours for a client. :D

yeah, i was aware of the masonry primers. i think i'll leave it alone. we won't be here long before this becomes a rental. i do need to do some study up on kitchen cabinets. the ones we have now are awful, and have been painted with latex. the boxes are in good shape, so i'll probably just toss the doors, sand the boxes and repaint (maybe prime and repaint.)

I think your ask of $138/sqft is ambitious, but quite realistic, considering the place's curb appeal and full remodel. It has the cute factor and I hope you generate some initial buzz. I think you've picked an excellent general location, probably one of the hottest around.

I was interested to note that on the tax records, the subdivision does not have a single recent build. For such a good growth area, that amazes me. Have you seen any new builds in 2006?

Thanks for your posts...

I think your ask of $138/sqft is ambitious, but quite realistic, considering the place's curb appeal and full remodel. It has the cute factor and I hope you generate some initial buzz. I think you've picked an excellent general location, probably one of the hottest around.

I was interested to note that on the tax records, the subdivision does not have a single recent build. For such a good growth area, that amazes me. Have you seen any new builds in 2006?

Thanks for your posts...

mpbro,

I'm not aware of any new construction in "willowbrook". There are several in the ajacent neighborhoods of "willowbend", "willow meadows" and "post oak manor".

Very few of the new constructions were done as specs so the lot values haven't really been established.

I have no doubt that as land prices in braes heights, meyerland and ayrshire continue to become overpriced that the willow's (and westwood) will become the next hotbed of teardowns. The only thing slowing that down right now I believe is the fact that everything south of W. Bellfort is not zoned to Bellaire high.

flipper

Archived