Greetings, I am new to this group and am looking forward to future discussions. I realize the topic I'm posting is not the most interesting but it is germane. The issue at hand is this: Do any of you recommend a roofing company that has performed exemplary on a mid-50's flat roof structure? Your thoughts on this are most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Greetings, I am new to this group and am looking forward to future discussions. I realize the topic I'm posting is not the most interesting but it is germane. The issue at hand is this: Do any of you recommend a roofing company that has performed exemplary on a mid-50's flat roof structure? Your thoughts on this are most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As far as flat roofers go, Brinkmann Roofers will do the work well, but it takes them a few tries, at least on mine it did.

The only reason I'd say go for it, is because of (2) things.

1. They are a HUGE company that has been around and are certified by the BBB.

2. They don't ask for payment until the entire job, meaning if they screw up and need to come back to work on it, in the case of my place, you don't pay.

They were however about 3 times more expensive than your typical "mom & pop" roofing company. But I'd doubt they'd give you the customer service you deserve.

Brinkmann with their screw ups will still in the end get things right.

I am going to ask the moderators to move this post to the Home Repair and Improvement section.

Welcome to the board.

This is an excellent question for us flat roof homeowners.

We won't be replacing our roof for another 5+ years but Sun Belt Roofing did our neighbors house (713) 465-4171. I have not asked her if she was happy with the job, however, I will say that they have not needed to return to fix something that was done incorrectly.

I would call them for an estimate.

Starfish roofing has a new roofing membrane they are using...713-say-roof

This product/proceedure is exactly what I was considering: PVC membrane, factory fused and white. Flashing and sub-strate work included, the typical install is one day -- at least that's what they stated. I would guess it would take closer to two on 1800 to 2000 sq. ft.

Interestingly, they can provide a rough estimate via a google satellite site. I'll keep everyone posted as to the results of this effort.

More to follow.