Fourth Ward Painted On My Driveway

I'm not sure why but this morning I saw some drwing in front of my garage...It says 4TH WARD .

Do you know what it means?!?!Should be scared or prepared or just ignore it?!?! :angry2:

They are just letting you know that you live in the 4th Ward.

I guess they want you to leave a shopping chart on your lawn and you clothes on hang to dry outside.

But yes, I watch out, someone is watching your property and trying to intimidate you. :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure why but this morning I saw some drwing in front of my garage...It says 4TH WARD .

Do you know what it means?!?!Should be scared or prepared or just ignore it?!?! :angry2:

Was it spray painted? Or was it written in chalk? Chalk wouldn't worry me as much as spray paint. Might want to take note if someone scrawled any symbols (pitchforks, Star of David), too as that typically indicates a gang presence.

It does sound like the gentrification version of burning a cross in your yard, sort of a minor "hate crime". I'd take a picture of it then remove it quickly and not worry about it.

Or, you could cross it out and put a yuppie name for the area on top of it like "Inner West End" and see what happens. :)

• The title was changed to Fourth Ward Painted On My Driveway