Going Down - Destruction Of Trees

PureAuteur

I've only lived here for a year.

What gets me is what's happening along the Hardy Toll Road. Several wooded tracts of land have been clear-cut. One of them is a neighborhood with the first houses being completed. I can't help but wondering WHY? Why cut down all those trees - just to plant two sticks in the front yard? The neighborhood would look SO much nicer if some trees were left behind.

There is a new clear-cut section along the end of Rayford where it links to Riley Fuzzel too. I feel sorry for those people who just moved into Legends Run. It looks like a bomb went off over there.

Also - I hate to see smoldering piles of cut trees. Don't we already have a bad enough pollution problem in Houston? It should be outlawed in my opinion.

Also - I hate to see smoldering piles of cut trees. Don't we already have a bad enough pollution problem in Houston? It should be outlawed in my opinion.

Unfortunately, the only reason the developers clear cut trees is because various environmental and flood control regulations basically require them to do so for homes on lots that are affordably-sized.

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately, the only reason the developers clear cut trees is because various environmental and flood control regulations basically require them to do so for homes on lots that are affordably-sized.

True.

Keeping wooded lots (i.e.: The Woodlands, Kingwood) results in a much higher priced product, and it's nearly impossible to do anywhere south of these areas due to the need for positive drainage. You achieve this drainage by building up the lots and you can't fill a lot with 2 feet of dirt when the lot is full of trees.

...not taking sides, just presenting info....

• The title was changed to Going Down - Destruction Of Trees

Archived