sundown glen

westguy76

any opinion on the subdivision Sundown Glen in katy isd off of fry north of 1-10. It looks like a nice little surburban neighborhood with entry level houses around 1800 sf.

86 that idea, stagnant area, you can get a little bigger home in a little nicer area if you look in Cimarron.

Anything that has a romanticized name, run away.

Sundown Glen, please. . . try Sundown Sprawl.

Don't fall for the "cheap home that is far away from everything" trap.

You will regret it, and you'd be better off paying an extra $50K for something closer to town.

My Uncle bought his first home the area on Fry Road 3 years ago, and as nice as it is, it is too far away from everyone to visit and most people don't. they is nothing there and the neighboor is depress without any tree (I know most new neighborhoods don't have them anyways).

The home is typical and boring looking, like a McMansion.

Edited by Pumapayam

We have some friends looking in the area. I bought in Cinco ranch a year ago. They want to be closer to I-10 and closer to town. Specifically he works near i-10 and Cambell. They are looking for a starter house to live in for maybe 5 to 7 years. they have a baby on the way. they have a lot of school loans to pay off so they want to spent less than 135,000. They want something newish, they don't have to worry about or spend money on. This is a house that was built in 1996 it has a good size oak tree in the fornt yard for you generalizating sprawl haters! haha. seriously it is not where i would choose but hard to find what they are looking for closer in alond the west corridor. maybe you have another suggestion closer to town, thanks

Edited by westguy76

They have a lot of school loans to pay off so they want to spent less than 135,000.

If that is what they can spend, then yes, they are stuck.

And you get what you pay for, but like you said, they are stuck.

You can buy a nice 1975+ home in the 77077 area code for $100K - $130K I am sure. You might have to touch things up, but at least it is in an established hood and close to the energy corridor.

• 1 month later...

Closer to 120k and up.

If that is what they can spend, then yes, they are stuck.

And you get what you pay for, but like you said, they are stuck.

You can buy a nice 1975+ home in the 77077 area code for $100K - $130K I am sure. You might have to touch things up, but at least it is in an established hood and close to the energy corridor.