Most Heavily Area Or Neighborhood In The Katy Area

ekarl17

The original homes near Katy High School, just north of I-10, have some older trees. As far as what area or neighborhood is the most wooded, I'd say none of them, because Katy is all flat prairie and farmland on both the north and south side. However, there are some wooded neighborhoods which are not in Katy proper but are zoned to Katy Taylor H.S. that are wooded because they are on the edge of where the wooded areas of West Houston/Memorial area end.

Edited by PureAuteur

The original homes near Katy High School, just north of I-10, have some older trees. As far as what area or neighborhood is the most wooded, I'd say none of them, because Katy is all flat prairie and farmland on both the north and south side. However, there are some wooded neighborhoods which are not in Katy proper but are zoned to Katy Taylor H.S. that are wooded because they are on the edge of where the wooded areas of West Houston/Memorial area end.

or because they planted trees there 15 or 20 years ago!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, the older parts of Cinco Ranch, then Kelliwood and Nottingham have lots of trees. North Katy has little parcels of wooded areas (much like what you see in Cypress until you get north of 290). Katy proper has many, many trees.

Edited by Trae

• The title was changed to Most Heavily Area Or Neighborhood In The Katy Area