Memories Of Katy

KatyGuy

I can think of several that we used to eat at: Billy Dee's BBQ, Schlotsky's, Spots

Change is constant.... What are some of your favorite Katy restaurants of yesteryear?

There is a Schlotzky's on Fry south of Saums.

I was sorry to see Lone Star Cafe turned into another Mexican Restaurant.

Billy Dee's was locally owned. Great food, but when the owner died, the family couldn't keep it going. Spots was such a fun place to eat, but it just never seemed to catch on. The food was great there, too.

What about that strip center restaurant/bar back in the corner opposite Bizzare Bazzar? It's been a million different things, none of them very good. They've tried everything from family to fancy to dive bar and nothing has stayed there long. Right now it's a pool hall/bar.

I can think of several that we used to eat at: Billy Dee's BBQ, Schlotsky's, Spots

Change is constant.... What are some of your favorite Katy restaurants of yesteryear?

I miss Marco's (before they redmodeled the inside). That place was packed every weekend until Ninfa's opened.

If the Spots restaurant you all are talking about was located where the Starbucks on Mason Rd. is then I remember it. I enjoyed eating there. As a youngster I would stare at the train that ran through the restaurant.

I miss Marco's (before they redmodeled the inside). That place was packed every weekend until Ninfa's opened.

If the Spots restaurant you all are talking about was located where the Starbucks on Mason Rd. is then I remember it. I enjoyed eating there. As a youngster I would stare at the train that ran through the restaurant.

Wow. I forgot about Marco's. We used to eat there alot. They always had the Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupons. Yes, Spots used to be where the Starbucks is now. I remember the train that would go around on the shelf above the tables as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Spotz was a good place, so was the Italian restaurant that was its predecessor at that location.

Also, Pizza Planet near the corner of I-10 & Mason. You are really a product of the 80's if you remember that place.

Not to mention Rice Belt Restaurant and Electric Lunch in old Katy.

• The title was changed to Memories Of Katy