Apartments Near I-10 West

iliadspiral

These questions have probably been beat to death on this wonderful forum but I'm compelled to resurrect them from the dead...

1. Please recommend a good apartment locator website, such as forrent.com etc. I've kind of hit a dryspell on this front and keep getting frustrated from some of these inept sites.

2. Does anyone live near I-10 W - Dairy Ashford/Beltway 8/Memorial City Mall/Kirkwood area? That is the area of interest for myself and my girlfriend and I would be interested to know if anyone has lived/or is living there to give me some much needed insight on that part of town (for example, any good apt. complexes strew about). All I know is that traffic is a mutha---

3. I've consulted a friend who has informed me that they don't generally ask for income tax documenation or check stubs and simply request a job letter from your employer. I hope she's correct for reasons too graphic to post here but can anyone tell me about their apartment hunting experience. For example, what sort of documentation was required from you?

That is all... Forgive this ignorant bastard for the above questions and take pity oh knowledgable demi-gods!

-Iliadspiral.

I've never had to provide anything in writing, just a phone number for my employer. Of the 15 or so apartments I've lived in over the last ten years, I think only two have actually called to verify employment.

The only time I ever had to do any serious documentation was when I was seriously poor and moved into Section 8 housing.

I live in that area--my favorite complexes are along Eldridge Parkway, esp the Sueba properties, beautiful, gated, etc...

What is your price range? What are you looking for, 1 br, 2 br? Do you want a "complex" or do you want something more like a condo rental?

I'd try apartments.com, though all of the "locator" search engines do kinda suck. Best to find out who the property management company is of a complex you like, and then do a google search to find out more info. Amli, Camden, etc are big property management cos here.