Northeast Open Space

Guest Plastic

There's a big open space out here in Northeast Houston. It's right across The Beltway from Summerwood. It's at the northeast corner of The Beltway.

Being that more people are moving into that area and there's talking abut developing the NE quadrant I've been thinking what should they do with it. 2 really cool things I'd like to see done is built a professional ravetrack or amusement park. THose are 2 things Houston lost out on.

We were supposed to get a NASCAR track but lost out on it and we lost Astroworld. Being that those 2 are unlikely there another good use for it. There's no municipal airport in that area. The closest one for East Houston is Baytown and I don't think they let ameteur pilots land at Intercontinental. They space is just the right size for a neighborhood airport. Only question is will Intercontinental let it get built. Planes take off and land over Humble-Atascocita. If we've got planes coming in at Intercontinental and planes coming into the municipal airport theres a high chance for collision. I don't know how small airports operate.

There's a big open space out here in Northeast Houston. It's right across The Beltway from Summerwood. It's at the northeast corner of The Beltway.

Much of that open space is part of an environmental bank. Nothing can or will happen to it.

The airport concept would probably work out alright so long as the runways were aligned so as to avoid intersecting flight paths from IAH. Not too difficult. From a market perspective, on the other hand, I'm not qualified to say. Somehow, I'd intuitively doubt the economic feasibility.

Archived