Where should we eat in East downtown?

Any suggestions on places to eat in East downtown?

I was thinking District 7 Grill, but then I realized they aren't open for dinner during the week.

I haven't been to Daiji's in a while - has it gotten any better service-wise than when it first opened?

What else?

Guest Sebastian De La Ghetto

I live on mckinney @ palmer, in my area there is a viet restaurant on hutchins just past pease. Its called kim phung, the food is pretty good.

Thelma's bbq is great, its on lively, but im not sure when it closes. its a rough place, but you can take out!

Oh, also there is hunkee chinese restaurant on st emmanuelle catty corner from warehouse live thats pretty good.

Hope that helps

Thelmas is on Live Oak, awesome awesome awesome BBQ. Thelma is the equivalent of the Soup Nazi though!!! But I love her BBQ.

Scharpe St Guy

I live on mckinney @ palmer, in my area there is a viet restaurant on hutchins just past pease. Its called kim phung, the food is pretty good.

Thelma's bbq is great, its on lively, but im not sure when it closes. its a rough place, but you can take out!

Oh, also there is hunkee chinese restaurant on st emmanuelle catty corner from warehouse live thats pretty good.

Hope that helps

Oh trust me Niche, I have seen her take heads off people. If you are lucky enough to get to the front of the line and you are NOT ready to order, or start asking for things on the Side, or split/share, then be prepared. She is nice enough though if you proceed to the front and quickly let her know that you want the 2 meat (Chop Beef / Sausage) with a double slaw, Thank You. Ching Ching wait for your number to be called.

Scharpe St Guy

ps.. I actualy chuckle each time I see her do it and I think to myself hopefully those people won't come back so I can get to the head of the line quicker next time!!!

Soup nazi? Thelma? I never got that sense...although she does sometimes run out of brisket or ribs as the day goes on.

Guest Sebastian De La Ghetto

There is a lady like that in the park shops, at Doozos Dumplings. If you dont have cash, or arent ready to order, embarrassment ensues.

Archived