Kickboxing/Cardiokickboxing

Sonia

I am already in pretty good shape (run and weight train regularly) but am a little bored with the same old routine.

I tried Yoga and Pilates but even after doubling up on my adderall (add/adhd meds) it still drove me nuts!!

Kickboxing/Cardiokickboxing sounds pretty interesting/fun.

Can anyone recommend a trainer or good studio?

Also, what exactly is the difference? I would imagine the cardio is probably non-contact and fast paced but I really have no idea.

Thanks!

I am already in pretty good shape (run and weight train regularly) but am a little bored with the same old routine.

I tried Yoga and Pilates but even after doubling up on my adderall (add/adhd meds) it still drove me nuts!!

Kickboxing/Cardiokickboxing sounds pretty interesting/fun.

Can anyone recommend a trainer or good studio?

Also, what exactly is the difference? I would imagine the cardio is probably non-contact and fast paced but I really have no idea.

Regular Kickboxing concentrates more on the techniques and perfecting your postures and whatnot to be used for fighting.

Cardiokickboxing is non-contact and fast-paced... it usually involves numerous 8-count routines involving the main kickboxing punches (jab, cross, uppercut, hook) and kicks (side, front, back, roundhouse). The amount of workout you get depends on how much you put into it. The instructor should give you tips on adding more resistance and getting your heart rate up more (by squatting lower, moving your arms more, etc.). The class may also involve 5 or so minutes of ab work at the end of the class, which I like.

I have gone to several cardiokickboxing classes at various gyms in Clear Lake - I've liked all the instructors for different reasons. I like it because I don't feel like I have to be as coordinated as you do in step classes or cardio dance classes to get a good workout. With step & dance, if you get off track, it's hard to catch up and I feel like I get a better workout with KB.

Hope that helps somewhat. :)

Edited by Htowngirl