Living In Katy

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

I'm probrbaly going to move out to Katy. I just wanna know a few things like Atmosphere. What's it like? A conservative or liberal crowd? There alot of parties out there? What kind of jobs do a large percent of the people have? What are the demographics? DOes it flood often?

I'm looking strongest at Cinco Ranch. Got any advice on that part of Katy? I know alot of businesses and people are moving out there. I'd prefer the South part below I-10.

I'm probrbaly going to move out to Katy. I just wanna know a few things like Atmosphere. What's it like? A conservative or liberal crowd? There alot of parties out there? What kind of jobs do a large percent of the people have? What are the demographics? DOes it flood often?

I'm looking strongest at Cinco Ranch. Got any advice on that part of Katy? I know alot of businesses and people are moving out there. I'd prefer the South part below I-10.

Cinco Ranch is Republican Party Central. Only "nightlife" is at Mo's or Einstien's, or Midnight Rodeo if you don't feel like traveling into town. Large percentage of people have REAL jobs paying decent money, but they commute to Houston for those jobs.

Edited by TJones

North of I-10 there many beautiful neighborhoods: "I'm only mentioning a few, alright?" Castle Rock, Mason Lakes, Lakes at Mason Park, the Bridgewater neighborhoods, the Westfield neighoborhoods, the Williamsburg neighborhoods, Stoncrest, Lakecrest, Morton Ranch, Sundown, Raintre Village and many more!!

Hush and Axis are the nightlife places I've been thinking of. Now where do the liberals stay?

And I'm looking for a new house. It'll be atleast $100,000 but brobrably betweeen $150&$200K.

Edited by Plastic

Hush and Axis are the nightlife places I've been thinking of. Now where do the liberals stay?

And I'm looking for a new house. It'll be atleast $100,000 but brobrably betweeen $150&$200K.

You'll be on the northside Plastic, if you want a new home in that price range. You could still get an ok house in Cinco probably, nothing fancy, or you can get something phenomenal in Nottingham for that price range, but it'll be 30 year old construction, that is built very well. Don't think there are too many late 30somethings in AXIS, HUSH may be promising for you though. :)

You'll be on the northside Plastic, if you want a new home in that price range. You could still get an ok house in Cinco probably, nothing fancy, or you can get something phenomenal in Nottingham for that price range, but it'll be 30 year old construction, that is built very well. Don't think there are too many late 30somethings in AXIS, HUSH may be promising for you though. :)

Where did you get the idea I was in my late 30s? I'm in my late 20s.

Anyway I'm looking at prices and they're not cheap. You used to be able to find a house for $80,000 in Cinco.

And 2 story, do they have any 2 stories for under $180,000? I know in other parts of town you can get a 2 story for $100,000.

Edited by Plastic

Hey plastic, When you get moved in plant some pear and apple tree's they grow good out there and bring your harvest to the next H.A.I.F. get together. B)

Edited by Marty

Hey plastic, When you get moved in plant some pear and apple tree's they grow good out there and bring your harvest to the next H.A.I.F. get together. B)

Yeah, and for the next HAIF get together, they're renting the Astrodome, and putting a big disco ball in it. :lol:

Anyway I'm looking at prices and they're not cheap. You used to be able to find a house for $80,000 in Cinco.

And 2 story, do they have any 2 stories for under $180,000? I know in other parts of town you can get a 2 story for $100,000.

$80,000 in Cinco Ranch that is news to me. The cheapest you can find now is around 150,000 isn't it?

Yes this was around 1996 fir $80,000. This guy was telling me that for $90,000 you could get a new house in Katy.

I don't work in oil or medicalo but I was going to be an engineer or scientest. As for it being republican this probrbaly means Cinco Ranchis white. Are there diverse parts of Cinco?

Yes this was around 1996 fir $80,000. This guy was telling me that for $90,000 you could get a new house in Katy.

Yeah, just like how you could buy a large home(Newmark, Village, perry, etc) in any good subdivision for about 170,000 in 1996. Today, the same home goes for about 320,000.

Maybe me some liberals, and minorities will come along and change Katy.

We'll infect our own little neighborhood in Cinco Ranch and start there. Along CIncro Ranc Blvd just West of The Grand Parkway is wha tI'm looking at.

You say CInco is 75% white. SO what's the other 35% asians, indians,and nigerians? I thought it was alot of them out there.

We'll infect our own little neighborhood in Cinco Ranch and start there. Along CIncro Ranc Blvd just West of The Grand Parkway is wha tI'm looking at.

You say CInco is 75% white. SO what's the other 35% asians, indians,and nigerians? I thought it was alot of them out there.

Most people move to an area and buy a house to live there and look forward to enjoying the community. You sound like you have an agenda to "infect" the community. I am not sure with what and I won't speculate but you are one odd fellow. Nigerians? what are you talking about? I have no problem with people seeking out "diversity" when they choose a place to settle down. I am not sure you are going to be happy in trying to accomplish what ever your agenda is.

Where did I get the idea that you were late 30's ? Didn't you say you used to go to Ocean Club, and 6400 ? back in the day, as your premise for AstroDisco ?

Plastic, I think you could move here and actually be one of the first Nigerians in Cinco. Kudos to you. We would welcome a little more diversity.

Edited by TJones

Not to burst your bubble, but 35% and 75% do not add to 100%. I hope your "infection" does not include poor math skills.

Seriously though, why are you seeking out this community when you seem to dislike all its characteristics? It has nice-looking, affordable homes, but so do scores of communities throughout the Houston area. Your whole intent to "infect" is just downright strange.

Plastic is always trying to give 110%.

Seven, what you have to understand about Plastic, is that he is a walking advertisement for BIRTH CONTROL ! Once you get past that, he grows on you, like a fungus.

LOL. I think you have hit on something with the growing fungus concept. Perhaps, that's what the "infection" is all about!

Where did I get the idea that you were late 30's ? Didn't you say you used to go to Ocean Club, and 6400 ? back in the day, as your premise for AstroDisco ?

Plastic, I think you could move here and actually be one of the first Nigerians in Cinco. Kudos to you. We would welcome a little more diversity.

1st I was in my late 30s, now I'm nigerian......