Westchase In 2026

Guest danax

Someone told me about something they saw on TV last night describing plans for Westchase. I found this.

Pretty ambitious but they have the right vision. West Houston needs an identifiable center of energy.

I really like the idea of major water features. With as much rain as we get, we have the potential to create a citywide canal network with boating as transport (float to work), shopping, eating, and strolling and flood control. Our existing bayous could be fairly "easily" converted I'm thinking.

Someone told me about something they saw on TV last night describing plans for Westchase. I found this.

Pretty ambitious but they have the right vision. West Houston needs an identifiable center of energy.

I really like the idea of major water features. With as much rain as we get, we have the potential to create a citywide canal network with boating as transport (float to work), shopping, eating, and strolling and flood control. Our existing bayous could be fairly "easily" converted I'm thinking.

Yes, I received a hard copy brochure and booklet with this information in it. The canals came as a complete surprise. I'm more than a little bit pessimistic about its prospects.

The canals came as a complete surprise. I'm more than a little bit pessimistic about its prospects.

I would love to see how they are going to tear up "super blocks" and make them into pedestrian friendly grids, as they stated in their long term plan.

20 years, that is a long time, at least the Light Rail will be finished by then.

I wonder if they will eventually connect to the downtown section.

Since they're man-made canals, they should be made so they can be.. um... flushed. By that, I mean there should be a way to drain them a few days before a hurricane arrives so they can serve as a retention system and not just add to the flooding problems.

Is that why they've allowed Westchase to turn into a crime-filled dump, so everyone would want to move away, and then it would be easy to just demolish everything and start over with this canal stuff and pedestrian friendly grids? This has to be the case, because I can't see any other reason why developers would be interested in Westchase in its current condition.

Is that why they've allowed Westchase to turn into a crime-filled dump, so everyone would want to move away, and then it would be easy to just demolish everything and start over with this canal stuff and pedestrian friendly grids?

It is just the area south of Richmond Ave. area Gessner that is bad, the areas close to Westhiemer are in great shape.

• The title was changed to Westchase In 2026