Hosting recommendation

Thanks to the people who have signed up for the new ad-free version of HAIF, we now have enough money to move to a better server.

Right now we're on a server with five other web sites, and it's just not working, so I'm looking for a dedicated hosting solution. Actually dedicated/managed would be better, meaning I want someone else to install all the latest patches and upgrades so I can worry about other things.

The company we're hosting with now offers this, but I thought it was a good opportunity to look around and see what else is available.

If anyone has any suggestions for dedicated hosting, let me know.

Another option I'm considering is to go colocation. That means we would actually buy a physical server of our own and put it in someone else's rack. If we go that route, this is the only server I will consider:

xserve-prod-main.jpg

Why limit myself to an XServe? Because I know how it works.

But of course, it's all about money. We'd need a few more subscribers to get our own server. But it would probably save us money in the long run. Actually, it would pay for itself in about two years.

So, if anyone has suggestions for colocation, let me know, too.