The Core: Multifamily At 3990 Washington Ave.

Htowngirl

Does anyone know the story with the large parcel of cleared land on Washington (about the 3900 block - between Yale & Bonner?) next to the Credit Union?

There's an 18-wheeler prominently displayed on the corner of the property that I think says "MORGAN" and then has the names of a few cities (I think they are all Texas cities, if I remember correctly) - is Morgan a construction company?

More than likely, it's more HHN homes, but I'm crossing my fingers it's a grocery store... :)

• 1 year later...

Does this look like a huge public storage facility to anyone else? Is there any truth to the rumors that they are going to expand to where they old warehouse is being demolished off of Bonner?

I also heard that HHN is building another new plot of townhomes there?

Does this look like a huge public storage facility to anyone else? Is there any truth to the rumors that they are going to expand to where they old warehouse is being demolished off of Bonner?

There is a large, newer storage facility near the Core - I think you may be mixing the two up, as the Core looks like your typical newer apartment complex. I have a hard time believing a brand new complex would already be contemplating expansion

Edit: I take that back, as I'm aware that the new Fairmont Museum District has multiple phases planned - something similar could be going on with the Core, I suppose

It looks like some sort of minimum security facility...but I can see storage facility, too. I keep seeing the vines in the landscaping and thinking, "that might soften it a bit?"

• The title was changed to Cleared Land On Washington Between Yale St. & Bonner St.
  • The title was changed to The Core: Multifamily At 3990 Washington Ave.

Archived