Late Night Infomercials in Houston

Yeah, we've all seen them. Those infomercials that try to get you to buy something. But just recently, I have noticed a number of infomercials from a company called ITV Direct. These have aired on channels 20 and 49, on cable networks like WGN, Court TV and Comedy Central, and on Time Warner channel 19.

Most of the ITV informercials talk about subjects like natural cures for debilitating diseases and arthritis supplements made with wheat soybeans. Is it any wonder we experience these often?

Does Girls Gone Wild count as a cure.

GGW is just as prevalent on late night TV as ITV. They can be seen on all kinds of channels, almost all of the time on cable channels; I am assuming the FCC is keeping GGW off of the broadcast stations here.

Also, I forgot to mention there's even one ITV infomercial where the host states that he had to cut out portions of the infomercial to avoid getting busted by authorities.

BTW, I was watching that infomercial on channel 19...from Sugar Land...you wouldn't get infomercials on channel 19 if you're in the actual city of Houston.

Some other notable infomercials:

* Jack LaLanne's Power Juicer

* The Magic Bullet

* DirectBuy

* WizeTrade

* Promos for seminars at Town Square Marriott

* Proactiv