Louetta Area Homes

searching

Hi there! I've read through these forums and couldnt find anything specific about the home values along Louetta.

Louetta looks like crap now. And with the Vintage Market, it could look better OR worse. What do yall think about house values along Louetta? Do you think they will go up or down over the next 10 years, due to all the retail and what-not in the area?

I think everything around Vintage Park will get a boost. There's a lot planned for that area in addition to the retail lifestyle center that will have a nice effect...not to mention the other side of 249 in the main HP Campus area. I expect the Champions areas, Lakewood, and surrounding areas to get some nice momentum as they establish this area as the Central Business District for NW Houston. Add to that the future Cypress Creek Greenway (47 miles of hike & bike greenbelts), which will directly benefit the neighborhoods lining Cypress Creek (as Hershey Park does for the West Memorial neighborhoods like Wilchester, etc). Construction is already underway at Meyer Park (one of the key anchor parks along the system).

There are a lot of high dollar homes in that area, and some great established neighborhoods. It's nearly built out as far as residential development so there's very little chance of there being any real low-end stuff being built en masse as most everything going in on Louetta West of Kuykendahl is $200K and above. As far as the other side of Kuykendahl, I would say its fairly stable, though the Klein HS zone is your best bet. Look behind the clutter of Louetta and you'll find some really terrific neighborhoods, good schools, and excellent demographics. 77379 is one of the top 10 zips in Harris county (one of the two 'best' bets in NW Harris County, the other being 77429).

Edited by mrfootball

I think everything around Vintage Park will get a boost. There's a lot planned for that area in addition to the retail lifestyle center that will have a nice effect...not too mention the other side of 249 in the main HP Campus area. I expect the Champions areas, Lakewood, and surrounding areas to get some nice momentum as they establish this area as the Central Business District for NW Houston.

There are a lot high dollar homes in that area, and some great established neighborhoods. It's nearly built out as far as residential development so there's very little chance of there being any real low-end stuff being built en masse as most everything going in on Louetta West of Kuykendahl is $200K and above. As far as the other side of Kuykendahl, I would say its fairly stable, though the Klein HS zone is your best bet. Look beyond the clutter of Loutta and you'll find some really terrific neighborhoods, good schools, and excellent demographics. 77379 is one of the top 10 zips in Harris county.

I tend to agree with mrfootball. West is better than East along Louetta.

There's also a lot of momentum right now with the Cypress Creek Cultural District that is taking on some major fundamental issues and in time could become a quasi governmental body that could really be a benefit to the area, especially if there's some move to incorporate sometime in the future.

Thanks for sharing your opinions! I was thinking that I should have been more specific about the section of Louetta I was referring to....

I was curious about the area from 249 around Lakewood Forest, Heatherwood, Vellagio (or whatever its called). There are quite a few little retail areas now, and it doesnt look nice at all. I was wondering if the amount of traffic that the Vintage brings in, combined with the ugly little shops along the road right there, would lower home values.

I suppose its just a guessing game regarding that section of Louetta, and it depends on how it continues to be developed. I'm in the market to buy a home, and I love the neighborhood, but I have reservations about what that section might turn into.

Didn't parts of Heatherwood, Charterwood, Canterbury and Lakewood Forest have some flooding issues? We looked there years ago also, and couldn't figure out why the prices seemed below market. A Realtor and some of the area residents gave us the scoop. Might want to check that out for yourself.

I'll have to check into the flooding history. Our Realtor did not think the house we're interested in had flooded in the past, and there wasnt any evidence of such. Nor was it disclosed by the seller, but we will have to be sure.

Also, I thought the homes in Lakewood Forest and Heatherwood were a little HIGHER than they should be, considering their age, square footage, and how much updating they need. Perhaps I didnt realize that home values in that area are higher for what you get than homes I'm used to. We currently live in the Magnolia area, and you can get quite a bit of home here for a good price.

Villaggio is a very nice gated neighborhood, and in general, that is a very solid area on Louetta West of 249. As solid as they come in the Houston suburbs. I live in Longwood which is nearby, and lately the market has been quite good for sellers.

Haven't heard of any problems with flooding in the neighborhoods you mentioned. You should also look at Hunter's Valley/Hunterwood Forest.

PS - Here's my friend's house for sale, if you're looking for something in Villaggio.

Edited by mrfootball

The schools over there - particularly Lakewood Elementary - are very good. Also, I think with the new addition of the Woodlands cutting over into Tomball ISD, everything zoned to Tomball ISD will get a big boost. Plus, the building of Vintage Park will help increase property values in those areas.

I'm curious, why do you think that part of Louetta looks so bad? It's actually good considering what the rest of Louetta looks like. It's just par for the course. In that mess of shopping, there are some little gems...one being Paulies - the little eatery at Louetta and Lakewood Forest Dr.

The schools over there - particularly Lakewood Elementary - are very good. Also, I think with the new addition of the Woodlands cutting over into Tomball ISD, everything zoned to Tomball ISD will get a big boost. Plus, the building of Vintage Park will help increase property values in those areas.
What high school(s) are these neighborhoods zoned to?
I'm curious, why do you think that part of Louetta looks so bad? It's actually good considering what the rest of Louetta looks like. It's just par for the course. In that mess of shopping, there are some little gems...one being Paulies - the little eatery at Louetta and Lakewood Forest Dr.

What's Paulie's?

I'll have to check into the flooding history. Our Realtor did not think the house we're interested in had flooded in the past, and there wasnt any evidence of such. Nor was it disclosed by the seller, but we will have to be sure.

Also, I thought the homes in Lakewood Forest and Heatherwood were a little HIGHER than they should be, considering their age, square footage, and how much updating they need. Perhaps I didnt realize that home values in that area are higher for what you get than homes I'm used to. We currently live in the Magnolia area, and you can get quite a bit of home here for a good price.

I have a good friend who lived on Squiredale, off Lakewood Forest Drive, just south of Louetta. He had two feet of water in his home when Allison hit the Houston area. Several years later, after finally getting his home repaired, he sold his house and moved to........ Magnolia.

That wouldn't surprise me as Lakewood is a very large neighborhood and some of the older homes are fairly close to the creek. A lot of the neighborhoods built in the 1970's that line Cypress Creek have had issues. Lakewood's is not a major one, though. They've made a number of improvements since Allison, but if you're really concerned, I'd just pick a home further away from the creek, or choose a newer neighborhood. There are a ton of other sections in Lakewood to choose from. They're still building out. Lakewood Glen is nice, it's right next to Longwood and is zoned to Cy-Woods. Exemplary elementary schools, etc.

Edited by mrfootball

I heard a couple months ago that there was low-income housing going in somewhere along Louetta close to 249. Anyone know if that's true? I'm concerned because I live in that area.

I don't have the time to do the grunt work for you, but information regarding the location of all existing and proposed Tax Credit, Section 8, or Bonded apartment complexes is available somewhere on the following website:

http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/

I believe that is in reference to the proposed 'Willow Creek Apartments' that some shady developer was trying to build near Northpointe (closer to 249 & Spring Cypress). The area residents have been successful in their fight thus far, as it appears said developer has withdrawn his application.

For more information:

http://www.oppose-wca.com/

Edited by mrfootball

• The title was changed to Louetta Area Homes