TV Station KVVV

Firebird65

• 1 month later...

My gosh, this thread brought back a long forgotten memory.

KVVV had a kids show 'No-No The Clown' and I believe No-No lived close by because I

occasionally saw a van with the No-No logo on Beamer Road, early 1970's.

I seem to recall that No-No's son may have also been on the show, as sidekick 'Yes-Yes'.

• 10 years later...
On 4/3/2007 at 3:36 PM, rreini said:

Invisible Texan may have taken those pictures just in time -- when I was last down there in November, I remember driving past and NOT seeing the building there anymore. It looked like the lot had been cleared. Can anyone confirm this?

Roger

On 3/28/2007 at 6:53 AM, FilioScotia said:

No-No the Clown -- Ralph Ehntholt -- was the kindest and sweetest man I ever knew. He really did love kids. Sadly he passed away about six years ago. His son Ralph Jr is a local actor who also appears as No-No at various events around town.

Speaking of Robert Ehntholt Sr. Does anyone also remember when he dressed up as a ghoul an introduced horror movies on channel 16?

thanks!

• 2 years later...
On 3/28/2007 at 7:53 AM, FilioScotia said:

No-No the Clown -- Ralph Ehntholt -- was the kindest and sweetest man I ever knew. He really did love kids. Sadly he passed away about six years ago. His son Ralph Jr is a local actor who also appears as No-No at various events around town.

I was on the No-No the Clown show in 1968 or 69 for my birthday.  

1 minute ago, Steve S said:

I was on the No-No the Clown show in 1968 or 69 for my birthday.  

Here's an image of the show I pulled from an old super 8 movie.

Steve and No No the clown 1968.jpg

According to Wikipedia, KVVV was licensed to Galveston, with its operations in Alvin.  It was only on the air in 1968 and 1969.  The transmitter ended up at the PBS station in Corpus Christi.

Today, the KVVV call letters are assigned to an LPTV station licensed to Houston.

3 hours ago, editor said:

Today, the KVVV call letters are assigned to an LPTV station licensed to Houston.

As odd as it may sound, that station is one of my favorites to check out whenever I've visited town over the past few years. It's about the only one that has subchannels that are dedicated to the African (more specifically Nigerian) community.

One, ABN - African Broadcasting Network, has bounced around a few of their channels - but the way they program it is different from most that I've seen. It's mostly independent, low-budget films from Africa, mixed in with newscasts from the Nigerian news channel called Channels Television. The commercial breaks run at the beginning and end of any program, so it's a good 10-20 minutes between shows most times. I'm not sure what their rate card is, but they do tend to fill the spots with a variety of local businesses of all kinds. 

On 7/19/2022 at 2:11 PM, ChannelTwoNews said:

As odd as it may sound, that station is one of my favorites to check out whenever I've visited town over the past few years. It's about the only one that has subchannels that are dedicated to the African (more specifically Nigerian) community.

One, ABN - African Broadcasting Network, has bounced around a few of their channels - but the way they program it is different from most that I've seen. It's mostly independent, low-budget films from Africa, mixed in with newscasts from the Nigerian news channel called Channels Television. The commercial breaks run at the beginning and end of any program, so it's a good 10-20 minutes between shows most times. I'm not sure what their rate card is, but they do tend to fill the spots with a variety of local businesses of all kinds. 

The African programming is on KVQT-LD, channel 21-13.  But it's being fed to the station over a very bad internet connection, so there are lots of problems watching it.

• The title was changed to TV Station KVVV - Anyone Ever Heard Of It?
  • The title was changed to TV Station KVVV