Mega Parkway?

So the Grand Parkway is in full swing...how many years until we have a 'Mega' parkway running a concentric ring outside of the Grand Parkway?

And the $100,000,000 question is: Has Jon Lindsey already purchased land there, too?

So the Grand Parkway is in full swing...how many years until we have a 'Mega' parkway running a concentric ring outside of the Grand Parkway?

And the $100,000,000 question is: Has Jon Lindsey already purchased land there, too?

We've already discussed this in another thread, believe it or not.

I think the coast line will prevent a ring from happening

HWY 6/1960 is the last offiial complete ring.

The Grand Parkway would have to be a bridge in the ocean to connect as a full circle, so I double another loop beyond that can exist.

I think the coast line will prevent a ring from happening

HWY 6/1960 is the last offiial complete ring.

The Grand Parkway would have to be a bridge in the ocean to connect as a full circle, so I double another loop beyond that can exist.

Two words: Bolivar Bridge.

Guest Plastic

DO we need one. It won't be for 20 years.To go from Brookshire., to Prarie VIew, to COnroe, to Livingstan,to Texas CIty, to ROsenberg abd back to Brookshire is a hell of a drive I can't even forsee how Houston could develop or how the world will be then.By Then everything inside of HWY 6 and before 1960&45 will be DOwntown.

DO we need one. It won't be for 20 years.To go from Brookshire., to Prarie VIew, to COnroe, to Livingstan,to Texas CIty, to ROsenberg abd back to Brookshire is a hell of a drive I can't even forsee how Houston could develop or how the world will be then.By Then everything inside of HWY 6 and before 1960&45 will be DOwntown.

The answer is no. We just need to put in what we've got on the books and expand system capacity as rural areas fill in. But suburban growth tends to occur in roughly concentric rings around employment centers. As the radius from the center to the edge of a circle is increased, the area encompassed by that circle increases geometrically. Meanwhile, our regional population/household growth is roughly linear.

So do the math...

Archived