Military cant make use of just anybody

Man, TJ, you are batting a thousand! ;) Tell me something.....did you have high marks in science and mathematics? If so, after college you could have joined the Navy nuke program still and never had to be on a ship. The Clinton years would have been a little tough with all the garbage they had going on, but you would be sitting real pretty right now with Bush at the helm. Those guys are seeing a revival that is most impressive ;) The job oportunities afterwards would be extraordinary as well :)

The Navy said I could have done what you are suggesting, my whole family on my father's side was military, I had no desire to go military. My father had gone to Ole Miss, flunked out, then went to the Army, he had no options,got a honorable discharge for a broken femur, and went back to Ole Miss and got a degree. I got my degree and started a restaurant career. Gulf War broke out when I was at Southern Miss. and I thought for sure the draft was gonna happen and I would be the first to go, GPA wasn't that hot. It motivated me to do better in school though.