Cy-Ridge

Trae

Common sense. Most of the reported incidents that got them the label were simply idiot children carrying tiny amounts of their own prescription drugs...hardly the stuff of which dangerous schools are made! TEA has instructed them to distinguish between "crimes" which are felonies in general, vs. those incidents which are felonies only because they occurred on a school campus.

Other schools have the same kinds of incidents, obviously. They just have a better sense of self-preservation and/or common sense and report them properly. The only dangerous about that school is its populace of adult chicken educrats.

I could care less. Cy-Fair "LSD" should have redrawn its boundaries or reduced its size substantially before building that school. That district is way too big. People in Fairfield/Bridgeland/Rock Creek should not be in the same school district as people who live one street from being zoned to Eisenhower H.S. in Aldine. Cy-Fair has done a good job managing its size to this date, but wait 10 more years. The district will have to split itself up. Either form new districts or give some areas to other districts.

MrFootball- You really seem to have a thing against people of low socio-economic status. Just remember God loves those people just as much as your friends in Bridgeland. And the areas in Cy-Ridge's school zone are not "middle class suburbs", but more like rural/industrial zones.

I went to school with the kids in that area back in the late 80s/early 90s when I was attending Dean Intermediate on Fairbanks N. Houston Rd and Bane Elementary adjacent to it. It was about 50% lily white kids and 50% economically disadvantaged. I lived in Woodland Trails West which was like a master-planned community of its time. My neighborhood was like 98% white at the time, and it was on good pine tree filled land. They didn't have very many schools back then, so I was zoned to Bane/Dean on the other side of 290. There were plenty of problems that you'd normally associate with low income people, but it never really bothered me that much. The whites need to learn that the more you run from crime and poverty, the more of it you're going to create, because it's always going to follow right behind the flight.

My child attends Cy-Ridge High School and I am there often. I must tell you that the principal is great.

There is a mix of children...different income levels ....racially diverse and when you have a administration that is determined to have all the kids succeed it can be a great environment.

From my experience the school is safe . My daughters teachers are excellent and seem to love what they do.

From talking to some I get the impression that the principal really supports them and he works with the kids to get them involved in keeping the school safe. Summer school students who came from other Cy-Fair schools commented on how strict Cy-Ridge is.

The peer pressure that my kid is confronted with is to keep getting grades in the 90's

I am glad that I didn't listen to the rumours that were flying about Cy-Ridge even before it opened. I am grateful that my kid is exposed to students with a variety of backgrounds and that she can say she loves school.

Archived