KHOU's Extreme Makeover

Today, KHOU (Channel 11/CBS) launched its brand new look. The signs were evident as early as this morning. During 11 News This Morning, the old KHOU logo was carved out of the glass separating the anchor desk area from the monitors in the background, and also from other parts of the set, such as over the CBS eye and on the desk itself.

Then, I turned to the 6 p.m. news, and KHOU's new look was already in full force, complete with a new theme music that is the same or similar as what parent company Belo has over in Dallas at WFAA. This new package most likely may have debuted at 5 p.m.

• 1 month later...
Today, KHOU (Channel 11/CBS) launched its brand new look. The signs were evident as early as this morning. During 11 News This Morning, the old KHOU logo was carved out of the glass separating the anchor desk area from the monitors in the background, and also from other parts of the set, such as over the CBS eye and on the desk itself.

Then, I turned to the 6 p.m. news, and KHOU's new look was already in full force, complete with a new theme music that is the same or similar as what parent company Belo has over in Dallas at WFAA. This new package most likely may have debuted at 5 p.m.

Does anyone have a pic of the new logo? Does Ch 11 still use that old tag line that channel 8 in Dallas has used forever..."spirit of Texas"...or am I mistaken?

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say much for Debra Duncan's hair style ......it looks like the little black girl that was on the "Little Rascals". She was cute, But Debra's looks like #Q*#X++=#, to put it mildly. When she had her show, I thought she looked fine , but now-------. She must have been out of town when the make-over was in process. I bypass KHOU in the morn now because of it....SORRY

I can't say much for Debra Duncan's hair style ......it looks like the little black girl that was on the "Little Rascals".

She will always be our "poor man's version" of Oprah.

Just like Andie McDowell is the "poor man's version" of Julia Roberts (based on the hair)

Just like Bill Pullman is the "poor man's version" of Dennis Quaid (same features)

Just like Erika Christensen is the "poor man's version" of Julia Stiles (same everything!)

I thought with all this move to HD, that the "11" would be less used and "KHOU" would be emphasized instead.

They're probaby using virtual channel numbers, so if you have an HDTV when you tune to 31.1 for KHOU-DT, your tuner still shows "11."

Does Ch 11 still use that old tag line that channel 8 in Dallas has used forever..."spirit of Texas"...or am I mistaken?

kbwlogo.png

KFDXBanner7-06.gif

220x97_ReliefFund.jpg

I've seen "Spirit of Texoma" and "Spirit of the Ark-La-Tex" and a couple of other "Spirit" series on TV stations in and around Texas.

• 2 months later...
I can't say much for Debra Duncan's hair style ......it looks like the little black girl that was on the "Little Rascals". She was cute, But Debra's looks like #Q*#X++=#, to put it mildly. When she had her show, I thought she looked fine , but now-------. She must have been out of town when the make-over was in process. I bypass KHOU in the morn now because of it....SORRY

When is she going to just retire that tired gery curl hair do.

At least update the photo on the website. I miss this hair cut.

DEBORAH-DUNCAN.jpg

Her experimental look is just getting more and more dated looking and makes her look frumpy. <_<

Edited by Pumapayam

They changed their graphics, now lets get a new set.

The only difference I can see is that the graphic now has a bit of shine on it, making it look 3-d, but other than that, it looks exactly the same. I hope they did not spend too much money on the guy who updated it, because it is not really that impressive.

Edited by Pumapayam

The only difference I can see is that the graphic now has a bit of shine on it, making it look 3-d, but other than that, it looks exactly the same. I hope they did not spend too much money on the guy who updated it, because it is not really that impressive.

They probably didn't spend anything at all. Since KTRK is owned by ABC, the graphics were probably done by one of the network artists (probably in New York).

they are quite a bit different.