Georgetown Condominium For Sale!

Parrothead

I was going to put this in the classifieds but it looks like it consists mainly of household stuff and services. If anyone on the staff feels it should be moved there, please feel free and accept my apologies in advance. :D

We are in the end-stages of renovations to our 3 bedroom, 2 bath (approx 1600 sq ft) upper-level condo in Georgetown. We have lived here since 1998 and have put our hearts and souls into this place! It is a FABULOUS location--right across from Town & Country Village and close to Memorial City Mall. You can ride your bike or jog over to La Madeleine or Starbucks. There is great shopping and Bendwood Park is just around the corner. Rummel Creek Elementary is also down the street, within walking distance, and part of SBISD. The 77024/77079 demographic can't be beat, and with the Katy Freeway wrapping up construction in a little over two years, access to downtown or the Galleria will be a breeze.

Our HOA is outstanding, and the board consists of owners (no investor groups). We have 81% owner occupancy. We have a LOT of money in our reserves backed up in CD's. The association takes VERY good care of the property. People here definitely care about the community and we know who our neighbors are. It's a nice feeling. People wave here, and stop and talk when out for a stroll. We like that. We also like that we have our own off-duty deputy here as security.

There are 3 pools, two playgrounds, and beautifully manicured, heavily wooded common areas. It is a large community yet feels very private. There are huge oak trees that create a canopy over the winding esplanade. We have just had a new, state-of-the-art sprinkler system installed this spring, and our annual landscaping has just been completed. Each condominium has covered parking for two vehicles and there is plenty of street parking for guests if you are entertaining.

If you are single, just married, divorced, or find yourself an empty-nester wanting to downsize home but not lifestyle, this is perfect. We could NEVER afford a house in our neighborhood (they are going for about $145 a square foot) but with a condo, we have been able to live right in the heart of Memorial and enjoy everything at a much more affordable price. Nothing needs to be done--it's completely updated and will be move-in ready in just a few weeks. Currently, we have just completed tiling the kitchen and foyer. The living room, dining room, and all bedrooms have beige berber carpet and our large island kitchen has new WilsonArt laminate countertops with a travertine backsplash, new stainless sink and fixtures. The kitchen features a large pantry and an island with plenty of drawers and storage. All of the Maytag kitchen appliances (white & new) stay. We have 2" Hunter Douglas professionally installed wood blinds throughout the condo and a brand new patio door leading to a huge 20 foot balcony with outdoor-grade carpeting and a trellised roof. We had a 3 ton RUUD A/C compressor installed in 2000. We have also recently installed R40 insulation in our attic for better energy efficiency and cooling in the summer.

Our maintenance is $312 a month. That pays for cable, garbage, water, HOT water, gas, landscaping, security, pool care, repairs and maintenance to our building, and affords us a lovely commercial electric rate of 13 cents per kwh (instead of 16 cents)! The association has just put all new siding on the backs of our units and replaced the roofs. All of the balconies were replaced in 2000.

If you aren't looking, maybe your parents are...or perhaps your friends? Send them my way!

Thanks and have a great day!

Polly ^_^

We are in the end-stages of renovations to our 3 bedroom, 2 bath (approx 1600 sq ft) upper-level condo in Georgetown. We have lived here since 1998 and have put our hearts and souls into this place! It is a FABULOUS location--right across from Town & Country Village and close to Memorial City Mall. You can ride your bike or jog over to La Madeleine or Starbucks. There is great shopping and Bendwood Park is just around the corner. Rummel Creek Elementary is also down the street, within walking distance, and part of SBISD. The 77024/77079 demographic can't be beat, and with the Katy Freeway wrapping up construction in a little over two years, access to downtown or the Galleria will be a breeze.

Polly ^_^

The trees in that neighborhood are great too, huge!

What part of Houston are you moving too?

They are really big. I am anxious to see what the new retention pond/lake nearby will look like when it is all done, it is supposed to be beautifully landscaped and park-like.

We are moving north/northwest. We are looking at The Woodlands/Spring area, mainly. :)

We are moving north/northwest. We are looking at The Woodlands/Spring area, mainly. :)

Woodlands if you can afford it, I can't think of anything decent in Spring that has potential, (Sorry to the peeps that live there)

• 2 weeks later...

HI

My grilfriend and I have literally just moved to Houston and are staying with a friend of mine across the road in Boheme Drive. We took a drive around your area and liked it very much.. hence the reason i was looking up the area online and saw your blog/advert.

We noticed 3/4 for sale and are trying to contact people as to their value.

You can contact me on my email at kiwibats@gmail.com

Kind regards

Jason Batty

the area online and saw your blog/advert.

This website has some impressive traffic when just typing a relevant subject on here can show up on Google.

I simply typed "georgetown condo houston sale" and this post was the first item on Google.

Neat!

Archived