Life Forms Homes, Circa 1984-1990

Parrothead

Hi, we are looking to relocate to The Woodlands, and I'm intrigued by the Life Forms homes. Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of Life Forms homes for sale or a picture or scan of any of the floor plans they offered? Thanks!!!

Dear gigijen22,

I think the closest you will get to finding a list of Life Forms houses is in this forum which provides in early messages a pretty extensive list of street names. With that information in hand you should regularly check the HAR website to see if any are coming up on the market. As for floor plans, I have searched for them and never found any.

My husband and I are the lucky couple who bought the "diamond in the rough" on Lehigh Street in 2009. We totally gutted it and work like slaves for 5 months to turn the inside into our dream home (still a lot of work to be done on the outside).

We love to explore the Woodlands on our bikes searching for other Life Forms. Even though they have a very distinct look they all are very different. In the last couple years I have seen a few going for sale but I also noticed that they more often come up for lease rather than for sale.

I wish you the best of luck.

I just did a quick scan on HAR and I found several Life Forms for sale:

31 Lucky Leaf Ct (not listed as a Life Form but sure looks like one)

99 Misty Morning Trace (a brick Life Form)

46 Sky Terrace Place

54 Winter Wheat Place

PS: Sorry I had not meant to start a new topic! just trying to figure how this site works.

Edited by FrediK

we are looking to move to the woodlands?

also Could someone convey in why Lifeforms closed?

What I read elsewhere is that they shut down their business around 2005, after they got hit with several lawsuits relating to their use of EIFS (artificial stucco). They felt they just couldn't survive with the expense of so many lawsuits facing them. I imagine that a lot of homeowners who chose EIFS probably ended up replacing the siding with real, hard-coat stucco at their own expense. But Life Forms wasn't the only builder this happened to: many others across the country also used EIFS and had subsequent warranty problems.

Andrea

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So glad to see this forum is still active! It was very helpful to me when I was looking for our Lifeforms home in 2008. Like many of you guys, I am completely obsessed with Lifeforms homes!! We originally bid on one on Breezy Point, but lost that one. I am still kind of sad about it..but we ended up with a foreclosure in Trace Creek subdivision on North Wilde Yaupon. The subdivision is great, very family friendly. I will be glad to post new listings if I come across homes for sale in the subdivision or of any Lifeforms homes on HAR.

• Like 1

Gigijen22,

The house at 2 Shallow Pond Place is too small for you, you said (it has 2129 sq. ft.). Well, I have a new possibility for you. This past week a Life Forms home at 11 North Mossrock Rd. came on the market; the listing says it's at 11 Mossrock Rd., which is incorrect. It's in the heart of Grogan's Mill. This one has 2601 sq. ft., so it's quite a bit larger. The lot is also larger, at 7480 sq. ft. The asking price is $179,900, or just $9200 more than the one on Shallow Pond.

Unfortunately the agent hasn't posted a single picture of this new listing, but you can get a very good look at the front of the house with Google maps' street view. With that low of an asking price, I suspect that the inside hasn't been updated at all, but it's in a great location. See it at http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cfm?mlnum=14366867

Andrea

• Like 1

Gigijen22,

The house at 2 Shallow Pond Place is too small for you, you said (it has 2129 sq. ft.). Well, I have a new possibility for you. This past week a Life Forms home at 11 North Mossrock Rd. came on the market; the listing says it's at 11 Mossrock Rd., which is incorrect. It's in the heart of Grogan's Mill. This one has 2601 sq. ft., so it's quite a bit larger. The lot is also larger, at 7480 sq. ft. The asking price is $179,900, or just $9200 more than the one on Shallow Pond.

Unfortunately the agent hasn't posted a single picture of this new listing, but you can get a very good look at the front of the house with Google maps' street view. With that low of an asking price, I suspect that the inside hasn't been updated at all, but it's in a great location. See it at http://search.har.co...?mlnum=14366867

Andrea

i really like the houses on mossrock and it's easy to get in and out of the woodlands from this area.

Thanks! Got that on the list to see this weekend. You say that the address is incorrect? THAT's why I couldn't find it on google streetview! We were going to go and see the Shallow Pond listing too but it is already under contract. What's up with 46 Sky Terrace? What It was on the market for 18 months straight, then took it off market for december and January, and in February it was back on market and then pending. The pending didn't last longer than ten days, so you know it had to be something off on the inspection. Anybody got the scoop on that house? Oh, also, anybody know the "official" name of that floor plan?

• 3 weeks later...

It turns out that the photos that were uploaded for the home at 11 N. Mossrock show a nicely updated interior -- not shabby at all. New SS appliances, including a SS fridge, and some new lighting. Yesterday (3/13/12) its price was reduced to $174,900. Did you ever go and take a look at it?

• 7 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Love the contemporary homes in The Woodlands and came across this one.  Started doing some research and found this thread and figure it must be a Life Forms home.  Anyone still into these homes?  A shame what happened to the company with the stucco debacle but these custom builds in the late-70's-early 80's are fantastic.

Edited by jaxwithanx

• The title was changed to Life Forms Homes, Circa 1984-1990
  • 6 months later...
On 10/11/2019 at 6:58 PM, jaxwithanx said:

Love the contemporary homes in The Woodlands and came across this one.  Started doing some research and found this thread and figure it must be a Life Forms home.  Anyone still into these homes?  A shame what happened to the company with the stucco debacle but these custom builds in the late-70's-early 80's are fantastic.

So ended up purchasing this home.  My wife and I love it.  We're doing some light renovating but I'm in the process of getting more information about the early-Life Forms builds.  Not sure 

• 1 year later...

So interesting to read this thread! We have moved to The Woodlands and I was determined to find a Life Forms house - they are so fabulous. We got lucky and moved into a super early one, built in 1976. I am also really interested in learning as much of the history of the house as I can, and if anyone ever had any luck finding the building plans for any of the designs, please let me know! What a joy to be surrounded by such interesting and unique architecture.

• 2 years later...