• 3 weeks later...

i do not like where they are moving.

i like where they are currently- it fits in with the neighborhood very well.

the new place is set off and doesnt' tie with anything other than that exotic car place next door...

but the old place is wayy too crowded.

i think its a poor decision, but they'll make money no doubt.

No kidding!

I worked at that locationg from 96 to 99.

I can't believe they are moving after all the money they put into the place.

That shopping center had such a cozy feel to it.

I hope it is not true. Ashkan (the owner) is making a bad decision if he goes to that Souper Salad strip center.

the center it was in was likely creating no business. lets face it the only thing that strip center offered was hungrys. the one across the street is the same thing (yet they did just remodel it). they need to expand and next to the randalls is good start because of the influx of the rich crowd that frequents the randalls center, carmelos, and the starbucks on memorial at dairy ashford.

They will do well, but likely the old center will go belly up because of them leaving. Lets face it, Nori's is not that good of sushi.

Lets face it, Nori's is not that good of sushi.

It use to be Brooklyn Bagel, before the carb counting craze. I have never been to Nori

You used to get any type of bagel for $0.50.

Those were the days.

Back to Hungry's, I can bet they will buy the property, so that way they don't have to pay rent like they did at the shopping center anymore.

the center it was in was likely creating no business. lets face it the only thing that strip center offered was hungrys.

i agree that strip center is horrible- i do not understand why other than maybe most people in the area are doing their business more centered around the Dairy Ashford intersection...

whoever is running that strip center needs to figure it out...

its a great locale...

that center has a dry cleaner already...

actually i'd like to see a nice italian restaurant take over hungry's location...something with a nice little outdoor patio...

they probably need to reface the strip center so it can compete with the one across the street...

add in some a used book store, maybe an old record shop/cd store...

a humidor...

a nice wine and spirits store...

places with character...

Edited by GhostDog