electricity & phone providers

goodness

I'll be moving into another apartment. I got copule questions.

Do all electricity providers in houston have similar prices?

currently, I'm Reliant's customer and the bills is kind of high. (Averege is $100) even though it was for one bedroom.

also the same question about home phone providers, any advise?

Thank you in advance

1. www.powertochoose.org where you can compare power rates and select the company who will serve you. Reliant is the price to beat so it's the highest rate except for the "green" providers (wind, solar, etc...)

2. Combine your Cell/Home Phone so just keep the cell and throw out the Home. If you require a home phone and you will have internet service in your next apartment like RoadRunner then sign up with a VOIP service such as www.lingo.com which is $22/month and you can call pretty much anywhere with no extra's.

Good luck,

Scharpe St Guy

I'll be moving into another apartment. I got copule questions.

Do all electricity providers in houston have similar prices?

currently, I'm Reliant's customer and the bills is kind of high. (Averege is $100) even though it was for one bedroom.

also the same question about home phone providers, any advise?

Thank you in advance

I worked in the apartment business for a very long time and I hate to say it, but $100 is not too bad for an average one bedroom. I'm paying $160 in mine this month. However, that's not to say I'm any fan of Reliant Energy. They are definetely on my list of businesses to boycott. They really screwed me over a couple years ago. I currently use Green Mountain and find myself saving money. I have heard Direct Energy is even cheaper. You wouldn't think that a penny or two per kilowatt hour would make a big difference, but $20-30 matters to me!