Northpoint Park Subdivision

bben

We are interested in purchasing a house in Northpoint Park subdivision in Tomball. (Near 249 and Spring cypress). The biggest concern so far is high tax rate (4.0). Can people give me some suggestions? I heard that houses in far north of Houston are not sell very quick because lots of vacant lands avaiable for new houses. Therefore, the real estate market is not that strong. Thanks.

Homes are selling pretty quickly right now here in Longwood. Currently only 3 homes in the entire neighborhood under 200K. They have been selling within just a few weeks at that price point. Average price in the neighborhood is around $250,000 with overall prices ranging from $165 up to $1 Million+.

The new Cypress Woods (CFISD) zone is solid with terrific schools K-12. Nice, relatively new wooded neighborhoods (No apartments). The Tomball HS Zone (which is right next door) has quickly gone from being a semi-rural school to having some very nice upscale suburban neighborhoods being built in the area (Many clustered around the Lakewood area). It too has great elementary schools on up through HS.

In addition to Longwood, I would also personally recommend Cole's Crossing. Northlake Forest, Villaggio. Stable Gate, Rock Creek.

There are some big new additions to the amenities on the 249 corridor that will enhance value. Developments such as the Vintage Park town center style development, the new IMAX theatre on 249, restaurants like Lupe Tortillas, PF Changs, Taco Milagro, etc.

Here's a master listing of area neighborhoods that I would recommend and I'm sure I missed a few:

Cypress Area:

Wincrest Falls, Longwood, Coles Crossing, Lakewood Oaks Estates, Lakewood, Stable Gate, Village Creek, Northpointe Forest, Tuscany, Rock Creek, Cypress Creek Lakes, Riata Ranch, Stone Oak, Lakes of Rosehill, Lismore Lakes, Park Forest, Northlake Forest, Villaggio, Sydney Harbour, Lakewood Glen, Reserve at Cypress Creek, Blackhorse Ranch, Leyland Shores, Fairfield, Windermere Lakes, Wortham Estates, Vintage Lakes, Western Estates, Lakewood Crossing, Lakewood Grove, Lakes of Fairhaven, Copper Lakes, Stone Gate, Bridgeland, Towne Lake.

Klein Area:

Gleannloch Farms, Champion Forest, Champions, Lakes of Sterling Gate, Theisswood Estates, Huntwick, Champions Park, Champions Park North, Highland Timbers, Memorial Northwest, Wimbledon Champions, Woods of Wimbledon, The Falls at Champion Forest, Windrose, Glenn Haven Estates, Brentwood Lakes, Champion Oaks, Estates at Windrush, Spring Creek Oaks, Cypresswood Forest, Wimbledon Estates, Memorial Creek, Champions Centre, Estates at Champions Park, Hamlet at Champions, Marble Gate, Barrington Woods, Brandonwood and all of the little Champions enclaves and gated communities

You probably already know about HAR.com. It's the de-facto site for MLS listings in Houston.

Edited by mrfootball

Thats a great neighborhood. (Since you actually asked about Tomball)

My friend lives there and she says her taxes are reasonably with a fairly low HOA. That neighborhood is in Klein though. Her kids go to Kohrville elem.

eta: The Silverado movie theater is going to be right in front of it also. Its a great location to live in because you have an easy out to Willowbrook and 249 S of Tomball yet you don't have to mess with all of the lights in Tomball.

Edited by Mom22Blessings

• 1 year later...

Some of the areas suggested are great...others are duds. Pull comps of any sub you look at and look at the last year of activity. Example: Villagio- Originally built with 100'ish a sq.ft homes, now being built with $85 a square builders. Poor situation for the guys who bought first. And that one small gated sub in champions..dont remember the name...40% foreclosures.

Some of the areas suggested are great...others are duds. Pull comps of any sub you look at and look at the last year of activity. Example: Villagio- Originally built with 100'ish a sq.ft homes, now being built with $85 a square builders. Poor situation for the guys who bought first. And that one small gated sub in champions..dont remember the name...40% foreclosures.

Villaggio is in the "HP Corridor" and built-out years ago.

What gated sub had 40% foreclosures? Curious to know. Not the one off Champion Forest Drive?

Edited by mrfootball

• The title was changed to Northpoint Park Subdivision