Six Flags Leaving New Orleans

They have a locked 75 years lease with the City of New Orleans. New Orleans intends to force them to honor the lease...or we're going to rape them of $$$ and sue them to the moon.

They have a locked 75 years lease with the City of New Orleans. New Orleans intends to force them to honor the lease...or we're going to rape them of $$$ and sue them to the moon.

Typical New Orleans mentality. Even if its a crappy, run-down, ghetto theme-park 20 years from now, you'll find a way to keep it open. Maybe after the next hurricane comes through, they can ship all the tore-up rides to Houston so our last crop of evacuees from Katrina will have something to do.

Typical New Orleans mentality. Even if its a crappy, run-down, ghetto theme-park 20 years from now, you'll find a way to keep it open. Maybe after the next hurricane comes through, they can ship all the tore-up rides to Houston so our last crop of evacuees from Katrina will have something to do.

Typical? Any city in America would sue over a broken lease...New Orleans is getting stuck with over $20 million in debt over this situation. Do yourself a favor (and us)..since you hate New Orleans so much..stay away. We prefer to not have people like you in any of our neighborhoods. Nevertheless, I'll still keep coming to Houston...not ashamed to say that I like Houston and enjoy my visits there.

Wasn't this exactly what people were saying about Astroworld when it was shutting down?

A LOT of people wanted Houston to find a way to keep Astroworld going, and then pointed the finger at the city for NOT finding a way to keep it open.

Instead of pointing the finger at NOLA, why don't you point it at Six Flags? They're the ones whose financial mismanagement is leading to the closure of theme parks around the country.

Oh no, I was content when Astroworld shut down. That place was becoming a haven for latch-key kids with irresponsible parents. Large gangs & "clicks" of teenagers were hanging out there everynight of the week on summer-passes running off families. The rides were out of date and so were the venues.

I was happy indeed. As for New Orleans, I will be pointing the finger at New Orleans if they sue. As for never visiting there, I bet I've spent more time in the very same neighborhoods you won't even visit in your own town. I love that city, just not the corrupt administrations that have crippled it over the last 100 years. Try not to confuse the two.

Six Flags would have closed anyway or found some way to get out of the lease. Maybe Rep.Bill Jefferson could arrange it for them. It was a political location that made no sense for the New Orleans Market. it was almost given to Six Flags, they take their insurance money and pay off the city and they will come out ahead. A much better ride will be the St. Charles streetcar and its much cheaper when they get up and running. Six Flags was in financial trouble, Katrina did them a favor. This is just the opening arguement.

Archived