it is on whittington close to dairy ashford. it used to be called pizza roma, closed down and then just re-opened under a new chef. has anyone heard anything about this place? because every time I drive by, it is virtually empty. hope they can turn around, unlike morgans or that new place that went in where rotessorie vacated.

it is on whittington close to dairy ashford. it used to be called pizza roma, closed down and then just re-opened under a new chef. has anyone heard anything about this place? because every time I drive by, it is virtually empty. hope they can turn around, unlike morgans or that new place that went in where rotessorie vacated.

There is also a Villa Roma on Holly Hall that is apparently successful. I used to like them until they delivered a pizza that had odd dark blue-green splotches on the crust. It made my girlfriend sick.

I took it back to them and they refused to give me my money back, claiming that it was a harmless kind of grease that is on their equipment and that it was normal. I got store credit only, which I have yet to use and do not intend to.

It may not be the same management/ownership, though, so take my input with a grain of salt.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.............that is number ONE in the food service industry, and this place is waaaaaaayyyyy off base. If it was actually ON Dairy Ashford, for visibilty, it would stand a chance. Move the whole concept to Westheimer, and you'd make a mint with that place. I went when it was Pizza Roma, good stuff, a little pricey, but top notch. Haven't been to the new joint, so I can't say.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.............that is number ONE in the food service industry, and this place is waaaaaaayyyyy off base. If it was actually ON Dairy Ashford, for visibilty, it would stand a chance. Move the whole concept to Westheimer, and you'd make a mint with that place. I went when it was Pizza Roma, good stuff, a little pricey, but top notch. Haven't been to the new joint, so I can't say.

Specific location (i.e. visibility) doesn't matter so much if their focus is delivery. Villa Roma on Holly Hall has a space for people to eat there but nobody ever does. Pretty much all they do is hang ads on doorknobs with regular prices printed on boxes with dotted lines that look like coupons but aren't...and then wait for the phone call.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Villa Roma