Pimp my Plane

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

I heard W is building a landing stip at Dude Ranch One for easy access to vacation !!!! :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me. According to the Director of the Waco EDC, with whom I spoke recently, every time Air Force One lands, everything within the Waco airport system STOPS for an hour or so at a time. Its a pretty severe disruption.

The event also sometimes attracts onlookers of a unique sort...

Wouldn't surprise me. According to the Director of the Waco EDC, with whom I spoke recently, every time Air Force One lands, everything within the Waco airport system STOPS for an hour or so at a time. Its a pretty severe disruption.

The event also sometimes attracts onlookers of a unique sort...

That happens all over the world. Anywhere that plane goes, airtraffic come to a complete halt. Also movement on the ground is severely restricted. The leader of the free world commands a lot of respect. :) :)

That happens all over the world. Anywhere that plane goes, airtraffic come to a complete halt. Also movement on the ground is severely restricted. The leader of the free world commands a lot of respect. :) :)

Come to think of it, I was on the last flight out of Jacksonville, FL in 2004 before they got shut down for an hour while Air Force One stopped in for a presidential appearance at the local stadium. Kind of made me wonder how effective a political campaign could be that disrupts thousands of traveller's lives at a time...just so the candidate could speak to the people that are already going to vote for him.

I don't think I'd have called it "respect" if I'd been on the next flight. I'd have been making up new cuss words.

Come to think of it, I was on the last flight out of Jacksonville, FL in 2004 before they got shut down for an hour while Air Force One stopped in for a presidential appearance at the local stadium. Kind of made me wonder how effective a political campaign could be that disrupts thousands of traveller's lives at a time...just so the candidate could speak to the people that are already going to vote for him.

I don't think I'd have called it "respect" if I'd been on the next flight. I'd have been making up new cuss words.

Some noise was made back in the 1990's when President Clinton flew to LAX to have his hair cut by Jose Eber. It shut LAX down for a little over an hour and got lots of complaints. I wouldnt wish to be inconvenienced by something like that, but i still think its important for the president to have that sort of right/privilage :)

Some noise was made back in the 1990's when President Clinton flew to LAX to have his hair cut by Jose Eber. It shut LAX down for a little over an hour and got lots of complaints. I wouldnt wish to be inconvenienced by something like that, but i still think its important for the president to have that sort of right/privilage :)

as much as I love Clinton (and I love him). I heard he was one of the worst presidents about disrupting regular places. the story I heard was the had a hankering for some Cheesecake Factory and they had to close up shop to feed him, Hillary, and Chelsea. I could be wrong, but I think the government has to pay for their meal (duh) as well as lost revenue from the distruption. That was probably a $100,000 + meal. Tax payers money well spent.

I am cool with it since W is the biggest jag off alive (MY OPINION).

> :)

as much as I love Clinton (and I love him). I heard he was one of the worst presidents about disrupting regular places. the story I heard was the had a hankering for some Cheesecake Factory and they had to close up shop to feed him, Hillary, and Chelsea. I could be wrong, but I think the government has to pay for their meal (duh) as well as lost revenue from the distruption. That was probably a $100,000 + meal. Tax payers money well spent.

You are correct in the government pays for the disruption. This is the reason you NEVER hear the airlines complain, either here at home or abroad, about the flight delays.

As much as I would like to say Clinton cost the Taxpayers $100k to eat at Cheesecake Factory, even if he did have to pay the establishment for lost revenue, it would only be about $5000 at the most. Also, if it is indeed just a stop and not a campaign stop, then he probably paid for the meal itself out of his own pocket, but the other $5000 would be picked up by you and me. :o

Archived