Beaux Art Building

Got this from the Eubanks Group Architects site. Anyone have any info? TNJ?? However, I do know from the rendering that the street it is facing is Rosenberg, near the Strand.

beaux5xw.jpg

Definetely a cool looking building. I would like the corner top loft.

This sorta looks like a Randall Davis Creation.

i was thinking the same thing. looks like a randall davis project. it looks more interesting to me than metropolis and gotham

One of three people: Kaldis - who did the previous conversion in the Strand. Davis - Emerald and Diamond Beach. Suttles - Jean Lafete(sp?) building currently underway.

What i hear is its not Davis. Makes sense b/c it appears too small from his most recent goings on and frankly too traditional. No monsters or gargoyles.

I'm told it's also not Suttles and i can't imagine he could pull it off now, but who knows?

Kaldis - can't get an answer but it would make sense.

So, there's my two cents. Personal opinion is that it looks good. Renderings have a way of making Galveston's water bluer and the streets look as though they are paved in gold.. <_< Whatever works.

TNJ

Beaux Art Building

Galveston, TX

The Beaux Art Building on Galveston Island, a fresh new concept in downtown living, will be located on the corner of Postoffice Street and Rosenberg Avenue (25th). In the top three levels there will be 15 spacious residences, some with penthouses and terraces, built to strict environmental standards to maximize economy and efficiency that will secure their value for years to come. Amenities include large balconies, secure parking on the ground level, high ceilings and spectacular views of Historic Downtown Galveston, the harbor, and the gulf. The second level of the Beaux Art Building will be the new home of a local theater company and a well-known art gallery.

This is the first new construction mixed-use building in the downtown area in many years. The developers have implemented several environmentally sensitive design features that are not attainable with the conversion of existing structures. These values have allowed for large open living spaces, which have become the hallmark of an urban lifestyle.

http://www.eubanks-architects.com/work_galv_1.htm

Beaux Art Building

Galveston, TX

The Beaux Art Building on Galveston Island, a fresh new concept in downtown living, will be located on the corner of Postoffice Street and Rosenberg Avenue (25th). In the top three levels there will be 15 spacious residences, some with penthouses and terraces, built to strict environmental standards to maximize economy and efficiency that will secure their value for years to come. Amenities include large balconies, secure parking on the ground level, high ceilings and spectacular views of Historic Downtown Galveston, the harbor, and the gulf. The second level of the Beaux Art Building will be the new home of a local theater company and a well-known art gallery.

This is the first new construction mixed-use building in the downtown area in many years. The developers have implemented several environmentally sensitive design features that are not attainable with the conversion of existing structures. These values have allowed for large open living spaces, which have become the hallmark of an urban lifestyle.

http://www.eubanks-architects.com/work_galv_1.htm

quick reading shows Eubanks did the Panama, which was Kaldis' deal. All signs seem to point to him.

Pretty cool i think.

Looks cool... although when I think "Beaux Arts," I think more in terms of columns and capitals. Grand Central Station is Beaux Arts, as are the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the NY Public Library. The old Post Office building is probably the most significant Beaux Arts building in Houston that I can think of, along with maybe the original wing of MFAH.

This reminds me of one of those old factory buildings you see in Pittsburgh or Cleveland, the ones that tried to be tasteful and incorporate aesthetic elements. Which is not a bash; a lot of those buildings were very nice.

Archived