Houston Radio

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

104 KRBE was just recently purchased by Cumbulus Media. That means the business side of 104 has changed but the progamming won't much at all. It's been pretty much the same thing in Houston for the last 8 years. Is there anything new coming along? I'm tired of the same stuff. We need something better. With the dramatic drop in album sales you'dd think they'd know we need something different. Need to get off the Rock,Rap,Pop bandwagon. Need some music from Europe and The Far East.

104 KRBE was just recently purchased by Cumbulus Media. That means the business side of 104 has changed but the progamming won't much at all. It's been pretty much the same thing in Houston for the last 8 years. Is there anything new coming along? I'm tired of the same stuff. We need something better. With the dramatic drop in album sales you'dd think they'd know we need something different. Need to get off the Rock,Rap,Pop bandwagon. Need some music from Europe and The Far East.

How about 101 KLOL going hispanic. That was a rock station going ethnic. I do not think there is much of a market fo music from the far east.

The worst part of radio is the drive time crap. Sam Malone and the other clowns on the radio drive me nuts. Thank god for John and Lance on Sports 610.

I do not think there is much of a market fo music from the far east.

The worst part of radio is the drive time crap. Sam Malone and the other clowns on the radio drive me nuts. Thank god for John and Lance on Sports 610.

I'm not sure about far east music but I know South Asian(Indian) music is booming. Bollywood cranks out loads of music, there is a market here in Houston. There is a huge Pakistani, Indian, Bangali population. Even far East, will do variety is always a plus

Sam Malone and the Good Day Houston Lady > :) both make my skin craw

Edited by JGraspo

Guest Plastic

When I say Far Eastern I don't mean traditional styled. Japanese and chinese people have artists that sound like americans. More Pop and Techno. Just how Europeans particuarly britts have dominated the US charts for the past 40 years.

And yes Sam Malone is a douche.

Edited by Plastic

I'm tired of the same stuff. We need something better.

I didn't realize people still listened to OTA radio :lol: . Outside of NPR on 88.7, I am all about XM (in the car) and Sirius (at the office). Suck it up, pay the money for satellite, and get happy! :)

I didn't realize people still listened to OTA radio :lol: . Outside of NPR on 88.7, I am all about XM (in the car) and Sirius (at the office). Suck it up, pay the money for satellite, and get happy! :)

Agreed. Once you have it you won't go back. It's worth the $$.

Agreed. Once you have it you won't go back. It's worth the $$.

Agreed x 2. I can't stand to listen to regular radio any more. The commercials irritate me to no end. I don't want to buy a car at the Super Sunday Sale. I don't want to know about the investigative reports on TV tonight. I just want to relax to some nice music in my car.

XM is worth the price.