Abandoned Bridges

editor

Very interesting site. I've lived in west Houston for the last 22 years after growing up on the northside and have been interested in the history of this side of town. I didn't have time to read everything, but I'd really like to see what you have on Alief and Addicks. I always drive by a road called Sugarland-Howell Rd. Any info on what Howell was?

Finally, just to quibble (but not complain), why do you list Spring and Westfield on your site? Those are in far north Harris County, east of I-45.

I'm going to make an assumption that you're with Cy-Fair VFD. My question though is, which station? My guess would be either 9 or 10. My mother was one of the original members of 10... Anyways, awesome job with the website, and thanks for bringing back a flood of memories!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

John - I run a Facebook page for Abandoned Highways, Bridges and Streets. I have taken pictures of abandoned highways all across Texas and a few abandoned streets in Houston. Really enjoyed your webpage. Sounds like we have some common interests and I live in Houston. - Marty

• The title was changed to Abandoned South Mayde Creek Bridges Along Highway 6
  • The title was changed to Abandoned Bridges

Archived