schools being torn down

Wow, my first exposure to the high quality education of HISD was in 1975 at Walnut Bend in 3rd grade.

I got rezoned to Jewel Askew the next year where (I don't know how) I was suddenly very popular with my classmates. This was followed by my shocking and miserable popularity downfall status to nobody when my family moved to Missouri (misery) City.

So much for my superstar lifestyle status I was living in 4th grade back in the 70's. I now hang out with the likes of 70's superstars like Leaf Garret.

Thus that is my sad current life.

Te he.

I got rezoned to Jewel Askew the next year where (I don't know how) I was suddenly very popular with my classmates. This was followed by my shocking and miserable popularity downfall status to nobody when my family moved to Missouri (misery) City.

With a name like XLR8 it's no wonder you were, Missourians just dont't know :D

Edited by Houstonian in Iraq

Wow, my first exposure to the high quality education of HISD was in 1975 at Walnut Bend in 3rd grade.

So much for my superstar lifestyle status I was living in 4th grade back in the 70's. I now hang out with the likes of 70's superstars like Leaf Garret.

Thus that is my sad current life.

Te he.

Your post made me smile. Thanks for the smile, you silly goose :D:D:D

Yes, HISD is revamping the elementary schools in the Galleria area..

* Briargrove is being rebuilt

* Pilgrim Elementary is being rebuilt west of its original location and its attendance boundary now will only consist of apartments

* St. George Place on Hidalgo will take in St. George Place, Afton Oaks, and Larchmont and will open in 2007 or 2008

Also, Walnut Bend will get a new campus.

Yes, HISD is revamping the elementary schools in the Galleria area..

* Briargrove is being rebuilt

* Pilgrim Elementary is being rebuilt west of its original location and its attendance boundary now will only consist of apartments

* St. George Place on Hidalgo will take in St. George Place, Afton Oaks, and Larchmont and will open in 2007 or 2008

Also, Walnut Bend will get a new campus.

Walnut Bend was razed about 4-6 weeks ago. They are already working the foundation and are suppose to be open by Fall semester of 2007. 18 months from start to finish. We will see?

A new school was built out Briar Forest and Eldgridge area. The Walnut Bend Students are attending that school (Ray Dailey) until the new campus is opened.