Falcon Rock, Falcon Point, Falcon Ranch

Speed bumps are always a heated topic. People either love them or hate them. We put them in Canyon Gate because we have one main street that runs the length of our community and people love to fly down it as fast as they can without stopping at stop signs. The HOA would contact homeowners and let them know if their children were doing such things. Some people appreciated that and others were like "No - not my Johnny. He would never do that!"

My property values have only gone up since I have lived there and that is with the addition of speed bumps.

Not everyone's cup of tea though.

I've been in a real estate for years and I can honestly say I have NEVER heard or seen speed bumps have ANY effect on home prices. When I show homes in Canyon Gate, the biggest complaint is always the 'one way in, one way out' thing - most don't like it. As for Section 8, I'm sure there are Section 8 homes in Canyon Gate, just like there are in Cinco Ranch, Lakecrest, Memorial Parkway, etc. The neighborhoods themselves aren't Section 8, it's the individual properties, and a happen to know a LOT of investors who will take Section 8 tenants for their rental properties almost everytime. It guarantees them at least half of their rents will always come in, regardless of what the tenant does. You all might be surprised where Section 8 housing shows up... it's not just in POOR neighborhoods.

• 1 month later...

Hi Falcon residents,

I am writing an article about foreclosures in Katy. Has anyone dealt with multiple foreclosures in their neighborhood? If you are interested in being interviewed, please send me an e-mail at marhud54@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Hi Falcon residents,

I am writing an article about foreclosures in Katy. Has anyone dealt with multiple foreclosures in their neighborhood? If you are interested in being interviewed, please send me an e-mail at marhud54@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Actually, you may want to check "north" of I-10, maybe like the "Bearcreek" subdivision. The last time I checked the MLS there was NO FORECLOSURE IN FALCON RANCH. :D Only 4 in falcon point (of which 1 is pending), and NO foreclosures in Falcon Rock! So you may want to go north because we really dont have that problem, thank heavens!!

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, you may want to check "north" of I-10, maybe like the "Bearcreek" subdivision. The last time I checked the MLS there was NO FORECLOSURE IN FALCON RANCH. :D Only 4 in falcon point (of which 1 is pending), and NO foreclosures in Falcon Rock! So you may want to go north because we really dont have that problem, thank heavens!!

There were several Foreclosures in Falcon Rock but thankfully all of which have sold so that is a good thing...

Now we just have trouble with the Stupid Homeowners association and the Stupid President that is the one that breaks most of the rules...Gotta love that crap...

There were several Foreclosures in Falcon Rock but thankfully all of which have sold so that is a good thing...

Now we just have trouble with the Stupid Homeowners association and the Stupid President that is the one that breaks most of the rules...Gotta love that crap...

You know what, I agree. I am sick and tired of the HOA trying to enforce its rules on some people and let other people get away with stuff. I got cited for not mulching my flower bed, they said that weeds were growing out, YOU COULD HARDLY SEE IT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! My grass was perfect! On the contrary some people could care less for their lawns and they look hideous, why doesn't the HOA do something to them? What steps, (if possible), does the community need to take to get a new HOA, I am not the only one who feels like this about Principle Managment Group (HOA)! :angry:

You know what, I agree. I am sick and tired of the HOA trying to enforce its rules on some people and let other people get away with stuff. I got cited for not mulching my flower bed, they said that weeds were growing out, YOU COULD HARDLY SEE IT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! My grass was perfect! On the contrary some people could care less for their lawns and they look hideous, why doesn't the HOA do something to them? What steps, (if possible), does the community need to take to get a new HOA, I am not the only one who feels like this about Principle Managment Group (HOA)! :angry:

From what I gather, an HOA generally doesn't send out a letter unless someone complains, so more than likely a neighbor complained about your flower bed.

From what I gather, an HOA generally doesn't send out a letter unless someone complains, so more than likely a neighbor complained about your flower bed.

They say that they "patrol" the are once a week. But then again who has time for that, your probably right, but then i had a small little palm tree and i recieved a notice on that too... I live in a street with only 5 houses, my neighbors dont act like snitches but you never know..

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I pretty much cringe everyday when I drive in or out of the neighborhood and see the disgusting lawns...Half of them are dead and you can't even tell there was grass ever there, then the others are just weeds and they spend more time watering the weeds than taking care of the yard..I complained about a house that you could not tell for sure that it was even a Flower bed for 8 months...It finally got fixed...Then we have a house where you never see a car one parked in the driveway or anyone coming or going but on the occasional Saturday, 15 Illegals stream out of the house and get into a 15 passenger van...Plus you can drive by and see clothes hanging all over the railing drying....Yep, gotta love my neighborhood...Or how bout the ones that have a two car garage, a driveway that will hold two cars and they have 5 cars all of which they keep parked in the street at all times....Hmmm, love that one...Our rules state, that a car can be on the road for 12 hours every 24 hours...My, I wish they would enforce that one...Or the other one stating that no fireworkds are allowed in the neighbor hood, that is great but when you now newly elected president, the one that is supposed to enforce the rules is one of the ones doing them, yeah that sucks really bad...

I am just biding my time....I am on a 2 to 3 year plan to get out of that place...I want to be somewhere that actually cares about what the neighborhood looks like...

I can still remember the day I moved in when My house was the only one there and not one single other person lived there...Boy do I miss those days...

Archived