Evaluating Adding A Second Story To Montrose Bungalow

Just make sure and get a really good architect that can blend the addition into the existing structure. I see so many additions that architecturally look like tacked on afterthoughts & don't flow right.

Yes,I fully agree. I would like to keep the authentic look and feel of the bungalow.

I might be tricky,but I guess it all depends on how much I'm willing to pay to get it right...

Any pricing info on this ? Any recommendation of a particular builder/Architect in Houston ?

A friend of mine on Welch built out his attic a couple of years ago--can't even tell from the front that anything was altered. It was mostly a success, though there were quality and structural challenges along the way. I think he fired the original contractor part-way through the process.

If you want to private message me, I would be happy to provide more details with names (just have to email him and find out the skinny).

Hi ,

I would like to add a second story to our 1923 bungalow and was wondering if anyone out there might have any recommendations,pricing information etc...

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!

All Star Builders has a good reputation and an inhouse design staff. They specialize in remodeling, not new construction.

All Star Builders has a good reputation and an inhouse design staff. They specialize in remodeling, not new construction.

That company name should be All Star Construction.

That company name should be All Star Construction.

Thanks L wood,I gave them a call and I expect to see them in a the next few days.

The more quotes/proposals,the better the choice.

Cheers.

• The title was changed to Evaluating Adding A Second Story To Montrose Bungalow