Juliet Homes - Midtown Village

I just stumbled across this website and have found it to be a great source of information. I am thinking about buying a Juliet Home in their "Midtown Village" project on Delano and 45 South just east of Downtown. I wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on this project in general and more specifically,

1) What is the general opinion of this area versus the area off of Clinton Drive as far as appreciation over the next 5-7 years?

2) What is reputation of Juliet Homes like?

Any other thoughts are welcome as regards to the East End area, Juliet Homes, or the Houston townhouse market in general? Thanks for your input.

I just stumbled across this website and have found it to be a great source of information. I am thinking about buying a Juliet Home in their "Midtown Village" project on Delano and 45 South just east of Downtown. I wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on this project in general and more specifically,

1) What is the general opinion of this area versus the area off of Clinton Drive as far as appreciation over the next 5-7 years?

2) What is reputation of Juliet Homes like?

Any other thoughts are welcome as regards to the East End area, Juliet Homes, or the Houston townhouse market in general? Thanks for your input.

Welcome to the board.

I personally don't like either of those locations in particular. Their project in the East End, as I recall, is on the old Markle Steel site...what's around it just looks like they took a tiny slice of the suburbs, cut out the yards, and plopped it within a mile of the CBD. Of course, Juliet wasn't responsible for this...there were several builders/developers on or near the site. That said, I personally prefer the greater East End area where the long-term is concerned.

On the other hand Juliet's project off of Clinton Dr. is very near (possibly across the street from) Section 8 housing that is in very poor condition. Despite that, I'd see there as being more of a short-term upside where they are. If the 84-acre KBR tract ever gets sold, and I have a source high up the chain that reports that they're talking about it again, then it'll probably bring some instantaneous retail, possibly including space for a future grocery or specialty foods store.

What area are you referring to when you say "greater East End"? Thanks for the response.

Welcome to the board.

I personally don't like either of those locations in particular. Their project in the East End, as I recall, is on the old Markle Steel site...what's around it just looks like they took a tiny slice of the suburbs, cut out the yards, and plopped it within a mile of the CBD. Of course, Juliet wasn't responsible for this...there were several builders/developers on or near the site. That said, I personally prefer the greater East End area where the long-term is concerned.

On the other hand Juliet's project off of Clinton Dr. is very near (possibly across the street from) Section 8 housing that is in very poor condition. Despite that, I'd see there as being more of a short-term upside where they are. If the 84-acre KBR tract ever gets sold, and I have a source high up the chain that reports that they're talking about it again, then it'll probably bring some instantaneous retail, possibly including space for a future grocery or specialty foods store.

What area are you referring to when you say "greater East End"? Thanks for the response.

In the long term...I consider the opportunity that is the 'greater East End' to be everything east of downtown and I-45 that is south of the Buffalo Bayou and north of the Brays Bayou. If you're in it for the long haul or you have a very tight budget, I'd even look in some parts of Magnolia Park. The whole swath is going to transform within a decade or two. If you've got a somewhat shorter time horizon or are more concerned about crime, then stay west of the railroad that divides Magnolia Park from the rest of the East End. If you want something that is already safe, but that will appreciate slowly into the long run, look for a fixed-up home with a solid slab in the Eastwood area.

if you are thinking of buying a juliet home you may want to look at the tremont tower thread in the montrose section. juliet/tremont/casmirus seems to have a very bad reputation as a builder. horror stories of mold, fraud, and legal intimidation seem to follow these companies around. do some basic research and you should be able to make your own call. i would never buy a home from this builder after hearing comments and seeing the negative news stories over the last few years.

dream