Cloud-O-Rama or Over Houston Under Overcast Skies

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Fun </s> story about this shot. I was standing on the sidewalk on Main while shooting this. There's a fence with limited access points around that parking lot. While the drone was still above the lot, I started walking toward the entry point underneath the mural. I was looking right at (and walking directly toward) some guy screaming at someone who was in, or in front of, the restaurant in that building on the right. As I'm walking in the direction of the opening in the fence, I hear someone shout "Don't do it!" and the guy starts shooting at the person he was screaming at. 😮 He then runs across the northbound lane of Main Street and continues shooting from the platform at Preston Street Station. Needless to say I decided the entrance behind me and around the corner on Prairie Street might be a better choice. All this time my drone is still hovering over the lot while telling me it's about to land because the battery was low. If it had landed on its own, it would have gone back to its "home point," which was back on Main Street. 😬 I could have stopped it from doing so, of course. Anyway, after I got the drone back on parking lot terra firma and in its bag, there were Houston and Metro Police SUVs circling all the blocks in that area at high speed trying to find the guy. 

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy