Windows Local Live!

mrell32

It's OK. Doesn't seem as quick as GoogleEarth and the street maps do not line up correctly w/the aerial. My vote goes for Google.

Google Earth doesn't have bird's eye view. And driving in the city is so cool, to bad I don't know how to control it.

+Better Resolution

+Bird Eye View

+City Driving

The only drawback is that it's not in 3d. I can't wait till they do birds eye view in Houston!!!

Google Earth doesn't have bird's eye view. And driving in the city is so cool, to bad I don't know how to control it.

+Better Resolution

+Bird Eye View

+City Driving

The only drawback is that it's not in 3d. I can't wait till they do birds eye view in Houston!!!

I don't care for the way Windows zooms but I do like they have satellite imagery for a far greater area than Google. For instance, downtown Milwaukee, a sizable city, no satellite imagery with Google. Windows has it albeit approximately 7-8 years old (Miller Park is under construction). As for maps and directions, I still prefer Google.

See the difference!!

Sure, for very limited areas within other cities. They shouldn't have been in such a rush to compete with Google. Breaking into a mature market is easy when you have a superior product, but coming out with an inferior product early on creates negative brand loyalty. When you do improve, many people won't know because they've already tried it and moved on.

This product shot its load.